Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 04:38 AM   #1
Salinye
Manshoon

I don't know these people personally, but being in the birthing world, I found this floating around on one of my doula boards and I TREASURE it! I play it all the time and it makes me tear up it is so beautiful. :0) I don't know if this took place at home or in a birthing center. You can see her doula in many of the pictures. She's a thin brunette.

Enjoy!

http://danielfairbanks.pseconds.com/jude.htm

~Salinye
Old 04-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Hey sorry to jump in here and not be rev. But there is loads of other parents and soon to be parents on the board. So I would like to say thnks for the little movie. I liked the pic of the kid coming out and his arms up in ther air.

Me and the wife have had two kids one girl almost 3 and one boy little over 2 months. So just having are second I can some what relate to the movie.

Only difference we went to the hospital. I am not to sure if doula's are used a whole bunch in alberta.

I also liked the other pic and caption of get this freaking thing out.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

well i emailed a reply cause IW kept timing out on me, but anyway, here's a public THANKYOU!
Old 04-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
Salinye
Manshoon

Oh yes, anyone is welcome to enjoy this and respond! I just knew for sure RevRuby would like it. :0)

~Salinye
Old 04-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Can I be a totally ignorant idiot and ask what is a doula?

Anyway, nice pictures.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
Salinye
Manshoon

A doula helps women through labor and delivery. I was trained at the Seattle Midwifery school, but I do not do anything medical. I do not deliver the baby etc. I'm trained on all sorts of pain management, how to turn an OP baby, etc. So I mostly get hired by women who want natural labor, as they need the most help, but I have had clients who want epidurals as well. We also advocate for birth plans so that the doctors don't do anything the parents don't want and we help the women with nursing, etc.

There is more to it, but that's an easy, basic run down.

~Salinye
Old 04-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #7
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i've had one natural labor and i'm not going to revisit that pain. of course it could have been worse than a normal natural labor cause it was only 5 hours long, but totally not my thing [img]tongue.gif[/img] after 2 kids with the same dr's office i think they've learned what i will and will not accept, also i refuse any IV narcotics, they don't ease any pain, and i'd rather be fully aware. i had quite a bit in my system when i had justice and i really think her labor might have been better had someone been more interested in taking care of me, rather than shutting me up. oh well.