Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 AM   #1
Dabom7777
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have learned alot just from the week or two that I've been creating my game, but I was wondering if anyone had any general tips or strategies that make things easier, or things to do and not to do as far as designing the game. Any tips or strategies from people who've been doign this awhile would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows how to be able to control your characters instead of the computer doing it for me, I would really like to know. I cant playtest my game if all I can do is sit and watch the computer fight my battles. Thanx,
dabom7777
Dabom7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:15 AM   #2
Steve McDonald
The Magister

I don't know about general tips, but if you can find the old FRUA newsletters online they may be helpful for that. Almost anything that you could do in FRUA is still possible in DC. This forum should be able to help with some specific questions you might have. I for one am happy to answer any specific queries (like the one you asked about entering the password).

As for your problem with character control, I must admit I've not encountered that bug. Usually space bar removes characters from auto control but if that doesn't work I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 01:32 PM   #3
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Well, I can give you some advice that was given me. First of all, especially when designing quests, is to write EVERYTHING down. maybe even plot and plan it out on paper. And from the days of FRUA, the advice is to start small... I mean sure everyone wants to make a "Save the world/multiverse" epic 4 year game with thousands of different endings depending on who you talked to/ attacked/ joined with, but its much easier to do a small adventure or set of adventures than that, and then you'll have a bit of experience to build on.

As for the FRUA newsletters, they are full of advice and can be found at
http://www.frua.dns2go.com/pc/uanews/

SilentThief
Old 09-11-2002, 02:19 AM   #4
Dabom7777
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx everyone... You've all been really helpful and I have to say this is the closest I've ever gotten to actually making my own game with an "RPG creation system".
Dabom7777
Dabom7777 is offline   Reply With Quote