Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
Greyem
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,I am trying to install W&W on my new PC. It is running NT 2000, but the game wont run. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Old 04-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Greyem. May you soon be dealing death in the Gael Serran.

You say you're running NT 2000, but I'm going to assume you mean Win 2000, which is built on the NT kernel. It's derived from NT, but NT is a different beast, and not at all suitable for gaming.

A more detailed explanation of exactly what problems you're running into will help. On Win2k, you can have problems with the Video files, with windows compatibility mode, and with just processing. There are also some basic Windows things that can trip you up.

I'll suggest you look at the Tech Tips thread (at the top of the forum page); we've got a section there on installation problems that may address what you're running into. And it's freshly updated, as of about two minutes ago, as well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Give us more details about what exactly isn't working, including where (intro movie, creating characters, leaving town, etc.), and we'll get you out there faster than you can smack a worgur upside the head. [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

[ 04-11-2004, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the boards Greyem. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As Bungelau said, it would help us if you added more specific details of your problems. [img]smile.gif[/img] You can't start the game at all? Or you can't install it?
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:57 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to this forum, Greyem. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I see you are already in the kind and caring hands of our techies. I am sure they will find a solution to your problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Greyem!!!

You've already been given the best tip of all - check the Tech Tips thread but should you find that doesn't help - post again!
We've got the most excellent and helpful techie posters on this board! They put together that Tech thread just out of the kindness of their good hearts and I cannot brag about them enough!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:03 AM   #6
Greyem
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to all of you. I have installed the game on my pc. It is Win 2k. I will read the tech tips.
The problem I now have seems to be a video related one. Cant leave via the right (graveyard) gate. Cant enter all the buildings. I will (as I said) read the tech tips. If I have no luck, I will again call upon the experience of you kind people.

Thanks

Graham.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:26 AM   #7
Dnirr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Greyem,

I'm also new to the game, and encountered the same problem on my Win XP machine. Tech tip 6.1 wil probably solve your problems. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

You will definitely find he solution for that problem in the tech thread. Moreover you can install the Microsoft CRAM codec which will also solve the problem. Unfortunately this codec is not available for download. However, it is bundled in the Ace Mega codecpack which you can download and do a custom installation (installing only CRAM. also called Microsoft Video 1). That is a large download though.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote