Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-06-2004, 11:03 PM   #11
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

That's weird - three people who I haven't seen for ages suddenly post right after me. Nice to see you all again, hope the three of you are well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2004, 11:19 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I remember Rikard asking if we ever tried flying the mouse cursor through the stars on the transition page while waiting for a reply to go through.

And since there was all of like 10 people posting on all of what...four forums?...I also read every single post ever made back in the day. It did not take long at all.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:19 PM   #13
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I found ye olde Ironworks after searching diligently for information about Baldur's Gate. Found an entire community obsessed over the game! Blew my mind. Began posting, and later, found the other forums. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2004, 01:57 AM   #14
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hmm, I believe it was in the fall of 2001 that I had joined IW. Yes, I was in the middle of BGII again, looking for some help. Z made an excellent guide helping me solve my problem, and then I came here often, just viewing. I remember watching the BG forums, and I emailed people who had problems. Finally I joined.

[ 09-07-2004, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
Old 09-07-2004, 02:06 AM   #15
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It says that I joined in Jan in 2002, but in reality I joined in December of 2001 only to have my account go missing a few days later [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was looking for a BG2 walkthrough, it took me awhile to come over to the GD forums though, and when I did I didn't post here over much. Now it's like the other way around, I can't remember the last time I was in any of the BG forums [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Lots of the old members I'm friends with don't post anymore, but fortunately I keep in touch with a few of them (especially my Glorfy ). That's what MSN messenger and AIM are for
Old 09-07-2004, 04:40 AM   #16
Link
Jack Burton

Although I still believe I was here before both Dreamer and Legolas, my account says I signed in after Legolas and according to member numbers, after Dreamer as well. Ah well

Back in those days we were with few members, I was a little brat and spent most of my time spamming in the BG2 board. Lord Shield's BG2 Bar simply was the place to be! [img]smile.gif[/img] I also remember the various classic threads we have now (Bunny!, IW the Movie threads..) and the 'roleplaying' we did with the Sniggering Lions

And I remember my horrible grammar back then.. Although I'm quite positive my grammar and English spelling isn't perfect, re-reading some of my old posts make my hair stand on ends, really ... The horror! The horror!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 09-07-2004, 05:51 AM   #17
wellard
Dracolisk

I had a laugh with Harkoliar when I meet up with him. He talked about the old days 'BC' Before Cloudy

Joining at NOV 2002 makes me a newcomer I guess ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-07-2004, 06:50 AM   #18
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

October 2000: I had a Wizards & Warriors issue, and the blue board was the #1 hit on a google for a W&W forum.

I stopped playing sometime in Feb 2001 for a long while, and didn't rediscover this board until this summer (which explains my post count ).
Old 09-07-2004, 07:09 AM   #19
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

What I remember most about those early days is all that free beer. This was party central! I especially enjoyed the time Dan hired that stripper.

That was really hot.

In fact, that is how Lord of Alcohol found this place. After getting naked and shaking his booty for us 'on the clock', he decided he really liked this place and chose to hang around 'off the clock'. He even stayed after Dan started implementing those unfortunate 'you have to wear cloths' rules, although it was touch and go for awhile.

I'll tell you, you just haven't lived until you've seen LoA in his purple thong, but those were different, more innocent times. I don't think I've seen him wear it since the wedding of Yorick and Silver Cheeta. Ah, good times... *sigh*

Hey Pauly, do you still practice to keep your stripping chops up to snuff? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2004, 07:35 AM   #20
Link
Jack Burton

Aaah! The wedding of Yorick and Silver Cheetah! Those were the days!

Goal: Beijing 2008