Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-26-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
Jasonr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, here are some problems that maybe you guys could help me with.

1. I can kill the Rapax assassin, but what's the point? Who the heck is he, where did he come from, and why should I care if he's dead? More importantly, what happened to my missing character, and how do I get him back?
2. What's with the Rapax castle? I cleared it out, looted everything, found every key, became templar, killed Al-sedexus, but no king, no queen, and I found zip in that clearing that everyone talks about in the walkthroughs. The prince appeared in a room with some concubines and they just say "sorry you can't enter" what the heck are they talking about? Enter what? I see no door! As usual, I miss the obvious.
3. I want to get that item from whatshisface but I don't have the prisoner's chain anymore. I'm pretty sure I sold it to someone, maybe Armand. (How was I supposed to know it wasn't just anothe useless weapon?) Is there any way to find another or recover the one I lost/sold?
4. How come my nuclear blast spell is yellow at level 2, but my fire skill is 100 and my mage skill is like 120! Same goes for my death wish spell.
5. Does anyone know of any really challenging monsters? I'm at about level 17 and the game has become sooooo easy. Where are the real tough monsters? I cleared out ascension peak, and the monsters are pretty weak. (no level 40 scorchers etc... as people have claimed) Peewee was cute but no challenge, the lava lord was a BIG disappointement (did anyone notice the gut on that guy? talk about overweight) the sorceress and her minions in the church were a joke... sigh....) I want to fight some impossible monsters that will kick my ass! I want it to be like in the beginning when I was constantly on the verge of death, always outgunned and outnumbered!! Battle just isn't fun when the monsters don't even have a prayer.
Jasonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 11:57 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

are we playing the same game?

i'll help ya with the first question and let others do the others.
have you tried talking to Z'ant? he tells you all about the assassin.

and for your missing teammate, you were given some dead on clues the moment you came out of your coma. blue flowers only grow in one place. at croc's. so by going there, and talking to the *ahem* creep, you find out right quick what happened to your teammate.

also, as far as i can tell in this game, your opponents are scaled against your level. so, by racing thru at level 17, you will be fighting, what? level 15-25 or so? something pretty close to that. it's when you hit personal levels around 25 or 30 that you start getting into the bad boys.

V***V
Old 01-27-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
Jasonr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, the croc guy! Oh well, I didn't notice any flowers around his area. (who stops to admire foliage in a swamp?) Zant? Who's that? (I'm sure I met him but I don't remember names in real life, let alone in a game... btw I think I meant to say Antone, not Armand)
As for what you said about monster levels, if level 20 monsters can't put a dent in me when I'm at level 17, why should level 40 monsters be able to touch me when I'm at level 35 or 40? Why can't I fight the big boys NOW?! The whole fun of an rpg for me is to go to areas that my weakling party has no business being in and kill monsters that my party has no chance of killing normally through cheap tricks, treachery, and game bugs. You should have seen me attacking Peewee at level 12! (he squashed me like a bug, but it was fun to try)
Jasonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:04 AM   #4
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. I can kill the Rapax assassin, but what's the point? Who the heck is he, where did he come from, and why should I care if he's dead? More importantly, what happened to my missing character, and how do I get him back?

Rapax Assassin, ask the leader of the T'Rang (Z'Ant)... He should tell you more on that... Although, I have silenced Z'Ant forever (accidently ruined my faction with T'Rang after talking to him and wandering around, and not leaving a room I was told to get out of)... [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for your missing member... hrm, I bet Crock (the guy in the swamp) might have something to say about that... but only help him if you're feeling froggy.

2. What's with the Rapax castle? I cleared it out, looted everything, found every key, became templar, killed Al-sedexus, but no king, no queen, and I found zip in that clearing that everyone talks about in the walkthroughs. The prince appeared in a room with some concubines and they just say "sorry you can't enter" what the heck are they talking about? Enter what? I see no door! As usual, I miss the obvious.

Don't know, have not gotten here yet...

3. I want to get that item from whatshisface but I don't have the prisoner's chain anymore. I'm pretty sure I sold it to someone, maybe Armand. (How was I supposed to know it wasn't just anothe useless weapon?) Is there any way to find another or recover the one I lost/sold?

Don't know, have not gotten here yet...

4. How come my nuclear blast spell is yellow at level 2, but my fire skill is 100 and my mage skill is like 120! Same goes for my death wish spell.

Depends on your level, if I am not mistaken as well.

5. Does anyone know of any really challenging monsters? I'm at about level 17 and the game has become sooooo easy. Where are the real tough monsters? I cleared out ascension peak, and the monsters are pretty weak. (no level 40 scorchers etc... as people have claimed) Peewee was cute but no challenge, the lava lord was a BIG disappointement (did anyone notice the gut on that guy? talk about overweight) the sorceress and her minions in the church were a joke... sigh....) I want to fight some impossible monsters that will kick my ass! I want it to be like in the beginning when I was constantly on the verge of death, always outgunned and outnumbered!! Battle just isn't fun when the monsters don't even have a prayer.

How do you have the settings for the game? Easy? Medium? Difficult? Try upping the difficulty.

(And I can't believe ya called the Sorceress Battle a joke...)
Old 01-27-2002, 11:42 AM   #5
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

1. XP its all about XP and plot.

2. Find your missing PC 1st, and the other quests. Then go talk to Ferro aka whatshisface.

3. Go see who you sold it too, they might still have it.

4. Thats been answered.

5. There are some Monsters like Peewee that are at a Set level. Most are some what level dependant as too your levels. *note* map areas will have a min/max monster level

hope that helps
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote