Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2002, 05:51 AM   #1
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

So here is my first problem being a solo mage. I am now a lvl 10 general mage, lacking a mere 10k gold to buy a Robe Of Vecna so I wanna go and burn ass of the company sitting in the Den. What should be the tactics?

Dundee Slaytern, the question is mainly directed to you Aslo please bother to answer my other thread about sorc/mage comparison. Thanks!

[ 08-29-2002, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 08-29-2002, 06:59 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm? I already gave some tips in the previous thread, when you asked for advice.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:03 AM   #3
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

But you know, the advice like "cast two webs then summon as hell" doesnt do! All I can afford now is a mere phase spider, and the bestie gets killed in 2-3 seconds All those ogrillions even do not count! And then nothing keeps them from saving vs. Spell to come after me, swinging away my stoneskin and then my life!

OK, two spiders! But those guys never mind the difference
Old 08-29-2002, 07:07 AM   #4
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

OK I will try it myself, but please tell me how did you manage to collect such amounts of money to buy the robe just after the circus tent?? For me with the ring and the friends it costs 27k and now I have mere 17k gold...
Old 08-29-2002, 07:25 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

? As far as I know, they have extremely lousy saves and keep getting stuck by the Web. This enables the spiders to 'play' with them... I have never had any trouble with them when I play a Mage/Sorcerer.

I usually have about 10,000 gold pieces after Jon Irenicus' dungeon alone. Selling the Mail of the Dead, Bastard Sword +1, Katana, etc... ...

The Circus Tent grants very little gold, save through selling spare scrolls.

Did you help the child outside the circus tent find his mother? This nets you a reputation point, in addition to the one you get from the guard outside the circus tent. Good reputation will help you lower the prices, I buy my RoV at around 22,000 gold pieces.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:34 AM   #6
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

And all the items sold gave me 16k (there also was an Ioul stone: experiments with a patch)
By the way, how did you manage to carry so many items? I had to drop some minor bolts/arrows +1 to be able to carry out the rest of the items.

Maybe that was my mistake! I firstly talked to his mother, she immediately hurled towards exit, and later on talking to that guy gave me just the XP with no reputation... I should reload and redo it.

The ruffians up there... They do save and do smack my spiders up, then they just come for me... The rest you know or can guess easily I will try to review my tactics and come up with a new one especially made for them
Old 08-29-2002, 07:46 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

? I do not bother to carry out the ammo. This is where game know-how comes in. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I just take the most expensive items. I made a typo in my previous post. 10,000 gold pieces is when I have a party, when I solo, I have about 12-15,000 gold pieces, depending on what character class.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:52 AM   #8
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

And how might that be?? Dependance on the class is the most interesting thing. You mean the reputation addition to the cost the shops give?

I have gathered all the items (exept the wand of cloudkill, didnt find the location of the key but never mind that) of expense. Two girdles, helm, swords, wands, mail of the dead from the duergar and so on.

OK, this talk is meaningless, I will try the different tactics I came up with just recently. For the cost, I could always shadowkeep the robe or the money, but i dont want to do so
We'll see...
Old 08-29-2002, 08:16 AM   #9
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

By the way, what is the use of having a familiar, other than having additional hp? Fun?
Old 08-29-2002, 08:20 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
And how might that be?? Dependance on the class is the most interesting thing. You mean the reputation addition to the cost the shops give?
No. I mean my solo Cavalier will want to wear that lovely Mail of the Dead for the moment. Mages will want to scribe the scrolls( Sorcerers sell them). Etc... ...
Quote:
I have gathered all the items (exept the wand of cloudkill, didnt find the location of the key but never mind that) of expense. Two girdles, helm, swords, wands, mail of the dead from the duergar and so on.
OK, this talk is meaningless, I will try the different tactics I came up with just recently. For the cost, I could always shadowkeep the robe or the money, but i dont want to do so
We'll see...
If you want an easier alternative to earn money, go to the Copper Coronet. Just be careful not to bump into the two ruffians outside( unless you want to waste your first Cowled Wizard encounter). Take the long way to go around.

ADD] Although you can get Brun to help you bypass them the first time, after your meeting with Gaelen Bayle.
Quote:
By the way, what is the use of having a familiar, other than having additional hp? Fun?
Fun.

[ 08-29-2002, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]