Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2001, 07:39 AM   #1
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I added Anomen to my party before setting after Imoen. He was told to go to his fathers house to find out about his sisters killing. I walked through the talking and came up with the answer that the guy his father thought the murdered the sister could have been innocent - hence there were not enough evidence to go kill him. We looted the guys house anyways (and never found him). And got rewarded a TINY amount of xp for solving the quest.

Did i solve the quest the wrong way? I mean he's a Paladin-wannabe, he shouldn't go around killing people just because his dad doesn't like them and might be trying to frame them? On the other hand i hadn't expected the quest to end there - before i had a chance to investigate (that's why i looted the poor? guys home). Was he the real killer? Where is he? will i ever find out?
Old 09-26-2001, 08:10 AM   #2
Tyrion
Quintesson

You are supposed to just let it be and later on Anomen will be admitted to The Radiant order.

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Right now he is mourning for USA.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:14 AM   #3
Tina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You did it the "right" way if you're evil and want to ruin Anomen's life.
Remember, he wants to gain entrance into an awfully lwaful organization.
So IF you're playing a good guy and /or if you want to make Anomen happy and/or a better cleric, relaod and do it the lawful way.

Spoiler:

If you're female and want a romance, you HAVE to do it the lawful way.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:37 AM   #4
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Reload and do it the lawfull way? But what is the lawfull way? I thought that is what i did? I let it slide because it probably wasn't him. Then i walked around the bridge district i think, came to this house with some arrogant guard who jumped me because i was a little slow to pick up my feet. Naturally i had to defend myself. When he was dead i thought i better go apollogize to someone so i proceeded into the mansion only to meet more people attacking me... this kept on for some time and eventually there were noone to be found inside the mansion. I had no other option than to look for clues in drawers, on tables, in chests etc. But no luck, i left the mansion empty-handed (well almost )
Old 09-27-2001, 08:25 AM   #5
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Also Anomen is still in my party and did not get rejected yet - i mean i also think i reported to the government buildings before i left for spellhold
Old 09-27-2001, 08:31 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Step 1: Persuade Anomen to ignore his father cries for revenge.

Step 2: Go to the Female Magistrate(sp?) in the Government Building, she will say she has no clue. Persude Anomen to let it be, that the Gods will punish the culprit.

Step 3: Ten days later, Anomen gets called to the Radiant Heart to get knighted.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-27-2001, 10:21 AM   #7
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahhh! What if 10 days later is while fighting my way out of spellhold? Or what comes after - which is not back in the city as far as i can understand?
Old 09-27-2001, 10:34 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hojou:
Ahhh! What if 10 days later is while fighting my way out of spellhold? Or what comes after - which is not back in the city as far as i can understand?
When you go to Spellhold, your sub-quests get set aside. Be prepared for a butt-load of messengers when you return to Amn, if you left a lot of side-quests hanging half-way.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart