Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

***WARNING***

This post may contain some minor spoilers if you're above 18 oops I mean you haven't found Edwin yet..

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Well, my trans-mage Edwin has turned into a woman!!! And he's got a very cool voice ehehe can I have romance with her? ))) Ok, ok that's not the question I was asking of course, here it's.. I spended 10 days but he's still a woman and there's no event about his quest. Is there a bug or Should I wait more? Feel free to spoil me.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
salty512
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Edwin gets turned into a woman??? LOL... That's hysterical!!! What does he look like? Er, she... Whatever...
Old 09-06-2001, 05:21 PM   #3
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

you have to wait quite a while before something can be done about Edwin. Its hilarious to watch him squirm in that situation though.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:39 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

***SPOILER ALERT***

This post may contain some minor spoilers about Edwin's Quest.

If you agree these terms please hit down arrow button

Yes salty he's transforms into a woman. First time, he was talking about a scroll which transforms a mage to a powerful monster (lich or something else we dont know) and he was searching for this scroll. Then we found this scroll he started to study on it. A few days later he got it, he solved it. He was thinking about he will transform (because it was a transformation scroll) to a powerlich or such.. I warned him, reallly!! But when he turned into a woman I was shocked!!!!

But his accent improves when he becomes female ehhehhehe ))
Old 09-07-2001, 03:39 AM   #5
Starkiller
The Magister

You see the thing is that my take on it is that it is not really the nether scrolls that he finds. He says something like "I think this is it" when he takes it off the lich's body, but the lich says he has destroyed most of what he had. I think he took the wrong scroll by mistake, because the Nether Scrolls were actually supposed to grant great power according to the lich you take it from. In any case, what I originally posted here to say is, the transformation is funny, but do it all in one chapter, dont persue the story whith Edwin as a woman, because the programmers did not do much of his dialouge with this voice, so you will have to read rather than hear much of his plot related dialougue while he is a woman, which is dissapointing, because Edwin's comments are funny, but his intonations are hilarious.
Old 09-07-2001, 05:45 AM   #6
HooC
The Magister

Hey.. Edwin is a nice fellow.. He is just... eh... misunderstood..
Old 09-07-2001, 06:22 AM   #7
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by HooC:
Hey.. Edwin is a nice fellow.. He is just... eh... misunderstood..

Oh man thanks I needed a good laugh today!

------------------
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
Old 10-05-2001, 10:20 PM   #8
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

thatb awsome to have a romance with the chick edwin
Old 10-06-2001, 12:55 AM   #9
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Granted, I haven't ever bothered with Edwin's quest yet (though it certainly sounds enticing...) but who's to say he DIDN'T find the nether scrolls? Being transformed into a female certainly seems like being given a great power to me... Does anyone else see the humor in this situation?
Old 10-06-2001, 01:45 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well... some Red Wiz of Thay come looking for him, SPOILER

Don't blow the cover... it was a lucky one, well, deny that you know him or whatever. And this will conclude the his quest.. well, after the wiz changes him back into his manliness the second time around

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...