Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #11
A Black Falcon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's kind of annoying that, unlike virutally every other RPG out there, W&W doesn't have status effects eventually wear off...
A Black Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:46 PM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Some of the W&W effects do wear off... just not all of them. And unfortunately, insanity is one that doesn't Nausea and some of the others will fade over time.

And folks, just a side note... even if you're a level one cleric fresh from your discussions with Gareth, you can still get the Exorcism spell Just become a member of the Temple Guild, and you can buy them in the shop at the back. I generally buy one for every party member... just to be safe.

And if you donate to the temple like a good adventurer should, you will occasionally be rewarded with a potion... which will occationally be Restore Health or Cure They're very useful....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #13
A Black Falcon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What effects wear off? Poison and Curse sure don't... poison especially was very annoying when I made the mistake of not having anyone who could learn more Vine magic in my party when I was in the Serpent Temple before I had Cure Poison.
A Black Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Lessee... nausea, sleep, paralysis... those I know for sure. Poison, curse, disease, insanity, stone... nope. Those have to be cured.

One of the things you learn for your next game is to have *someone* with the cure poison spell before you enter the serpent temple [img]smile.gif[/img] Even though, as bsftcs will undoubtedly point out, there is always a cure poison book in a certain chest in there...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:35 AM   #15
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

And folks, just a side note... even if you're a level one cleric fresh from your discussions with Gareth, you can still get the Exorcism spell Just become a member of the Temple Guild, and you can buy them in the shop at the back. I generally buy one for every party member... just to be safe.
Are you saying a first level priest with just one point of Spiritcraft skill can learn the seventh level Exorcism spell from a spell book?

I never even tried this: I thought learning from spell books would have the same character level and skill level requirements as learning them when you make levels.

Hmmm.... I haven't looked at the spell book lists very often (too short of funds), but I thought some books didn't show up for sale until the character had the skill and level to learn the spell on their own.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:19 AM   #16
Radek
Red Dragon

Forget it, Bungleau must be joking [img]smile.gif[/img] Exorcism is a level 7 spell. Even if you've got enough books of Exorcism, you would need to wait until your guys will qualify for the spell. That means:

1. They could learn the spell if they would level up just now.
2. The Spirit Magic is their "natural" magic school just now.

Otherwise, they cannot use the book(s).

On the other hand, everyone can use scrolls, no matter which spell is invoked by the scroll. If the Temple is selling Exorcism scrolls (I don't know) then, right, you can buy the scrolls and distribute them to all members of your party. Now, you can get rid of magical curses.

Notes:
(a) Exorcism works against curses caused by magic, not by items. Exorcism does not help against cursed items.
(b) You are right with the books. Books of certain spell level occur only when the buyer can learn the spell.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:42 AM   #17
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Thanks again, Radek: once again you come to the rescue!

Rereading this thread: I think Bungleau was talking about scrolls, not spell books...

So what he said is right, assuming the party has enough gold to afford the scrolls.

With my new party, I've been careful to build up my Rogue's Traps & Locks skill as fast as I can, and I haven't had any problems with traps going off. A couple of traps and locks looked to be too difficult for her, so I just waited until she leveled up and increased her skill before trying them again.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:21 AM   #18
Radek
Red Dragon

Notes about Traps and Locks:

1. Forget rogues. Use warriors and turn them into Barbarians ASAP. A Barbarian is a "full sized" rogue with all rogue capabilities but he is a far better fighter than a rogue. Among others, a barbarian does not have any armor and weapon restrictions. Right, you can also start with a rogue and turn it into a Barbarian.

2. You will need Traps and Locks 4 for safe opening any chests and locks in the Valeia region. Therefore, train the skill to 4 and then invest into other skills. You will be able to improve the skill in the guild (the Pawn Shop, guild level 2 skill) once you reach Ishad N'Ha.

3. The chest (lock) tells you what is your chance to open it:
- Intricate. Give up, no chance.
- Difficult. No chance for a non-thief class, a very small chance for a thief-like class (rogue, barbarian, ninja, bard, assassin). You'd better give up.
- Moderate. A fair chance to open it. Perhaps, not on the first attempt, but you will succeed in the end. Save the game and try.
- Easy. You have a small chance to fail. Do not hesitate and try, well, keep an eye on the timer bar and break the attempt when the bar becomes red
Old 04-11-2005, 06:48 AM   #19
bsftcs
Red Dragon

By the way - welcome to the board, Black Falcon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2005, 07:42 AM   #20
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Forget barbarians; I like my rogue!

She's cuter and more fun than a big hairy oaf of a barbarian (and probably smells better, too [img]smile.gif[/img] )! And despite a lower weapon skill, she's killed more monsters than either of my two warriors.