Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I picked up some item called montolinos somthing like that....
I´m wondering if it is worth anything...since I am a finder of good stuff to buff my people [img]tongue.gif[/img]
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 07:36 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Eh? That's part of the Mon~~ Cloak, it is only usable by Rangers and Thieves.

+2 THACO bonus to Off-Hand
+1 to AC bonus
+1 to Saving Throws bonus
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 07:55 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I´ve got a thief...who might find that item VERY interesting
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 11-11-2001, 05:26 AM   #4
Euronymous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You *might* just find its only usble by Rangers......
Old 11-11-2001, 08:46 AM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Yeahhhh....but my thief has this little nice special ability called Use Any Item
So I do not care if it is only usable by rangers...Hahahaha

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 11-11-2001, 09:19 AM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Sorry, but i think the use any item ability makes them use any weapon of the sorts, not restricted items like Montlio's Cloak. If you read the description, Montlio trained the famous Drizzt Do Urden. So of course only rangers could use it.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 09:52 AM   #7
Seid
Manshoon

Actually use any item means that your character can use ANY item. I tried the cloak on a thief. It works [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2001, 02:52 PM   #8
Sparhawk
Quintesson

The use ANY item ability is set up like this:

The thief with use any item ability can use ANY item as long as it is not restrivted to a physical requirement like strength or dexterity and so on.
That is why I can equip the soul reaver to my thief...she just happens to have a strenght of 17...but with the belt of hill giant strenght it is 19 or 20...so Soul reaver.

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 11-11-2001, 07:07 PM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

I noticed that use any item for the Bard is pointless, at least for weapons. He already can use any weapon, so its pointless except for items like Montlios cloak
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 09:43 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Who says Bards do not need Use Any Item? I want a freaking Helmet!!

Helm of the Rock, WOOHOO!

And yes, my Blade loves the Cloak too.

Not to mention I can use Carsomyr, with no penalties.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote