Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-19-2001, 06:30 PM   #11
Synthos
Manshoon

Thanks... I just read all the spell descriptions and apply them accordingly.. It's not toughy.. Check out your manual that you got w/ the game... There are many strategies I can post here if you'd like.. some cheap, some not-so cheap.
For instance.. Beholders and Gauths will hardly use any death rays or flesh to stone on summoned or gated creatures... I was over zealeous in my first encounter with a beholder and two gauths and cast two Monster Summonings II one Monster Summoning I, A summon lesser Air Elemental, A summon Lesser Fire Elemental and an Effreti.. (first encounter mind you, i was scared After about the second monster summoning the beholders and gauths stopped (!) using rays and spells and melee attacked! I had no idea I was about to kick there butt so i summoned more.. In the end i had The two elementals left, the effreeti and a held invisible stalker... This proves that summoned monsters get only a TINY percentage of an enemies spells, thus making summoned or gated creatures extremely usefull

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Carsomyr +5...: Man I love this sword!
Old 10-19-2001, 06:35 PM   #12
SecretMaster
Apophis

Ur pretty smart. Good thinkin, i'd never do that. By the way, the HP trick is now available on the BGI forum, so feel free to look at it. Yeah, i also have cheap tricks and stuff, but i don't feel like writing a lot. And i won't be around during week days cuz i am at school and that suks. So the afternoons are my only time on, but my dad and siblings want to go on, so i don't have chances to talk a lot, thats why i have made like 49 things.
Old 10-19-2001, 06:38 PM   #13
Synthos
Manshoon

BTW, If any visible characters walked into sight of the gauths or beholders, they immediatly under went a barrage of rays, some died or were turned to stone.. I watch a ways back with a farsight spell. Keep your characters back from the fight or suffer

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Old 10-19-2001, 06:50 PM   #14
Synthos
Manshoon

(Slight Spoiler)
In Firkaag's dungeon where all the Orc Archers are shooting at you, just pop on the reflection shield and leave your person there.. they'll either kill themselves or use up all their arrows

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Old 10-19-2001, 06:52 PM   #15
SecretMaster
Apophis

Good one. I hate how beholders and gauths can hit u when ur not in their site. Mondo BULL. But yeah u have good strategies. Hey, how far are u in the game, let me know, u might need some pointers.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-19-2001, 10:55 PM   #16
Synthos
Manshoon

Just starting chapter three, but i'm a walkthrough gamer mostly... I'm having the shittiest problem with a romance right now...
Jaheira is stuck.. I finsished the first harper quest then walk away right after xzar was killed and went to a temple.. now i can't get meronia to show up...
Old 10-19-2001, 11:59 PM   #17
SecretMaster
Apophis

that suks. I read wut u posted. Sorry, i got no clue. Look at Ironworks walkthrough, or somthin. Hope it turns out okay. By the way, which side r u/did u take, vampires, or shadow thieves?
Old 10-20-2001, 12:11 AM   #18
Davlar Wolfbeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Synthos:
BTW, If any visible characters walked into sight of the gauths or beholders, they immediatly under went a barrage of rays, some died or were turned to stone.. I watch a ways back with a farsight spell. Keep your characters back from the fight or suffer

If you didn't survive the fist encounter or noticed them with a farsight spell a couple of Fireballs in the area will take out a pair of Gauths or seriously damage one beholder. Definatly tay out of sight or pay the price.
Old 10-20-2001, 12:15 AM   #19
SecretMaster
Apophis

An add-on to wut he said. If u have no farsight, stealth works perfectly. Use ur thief to scout beholder areas. This is a fun trick to do, if u want it. Scout ur thief, if u meet up with gauths or any monster, stay there, summon monsters by it, but make sure ur summoner dosen't get caught. Watch em attack the monsters while u move in for the kill. This works well with wasting the enemy mage spells.
Old 10-20-2001, 10:49 AM   #20
Synthos
Manshoon

I sided with the shadow theives.. I wanted to fight vampires and I was buddies with them in BG1..