Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-09-2001, 11:27 AM   #1
Tiamat
Banned User

Because well RL gets in da way....... I hate math......
Old 11-09-2001, 11:33 AM   #2
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:

Well, it's more important that you tend to schoolwork before posting here. So, while we miss you when you aren't around, just do your best and then come visit as you can. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*HUGS*
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:36 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

Well, it's more important that you tend to schoolwork before posting here. So, while we miss you when you aren't around, just do your best and then come visit as you can. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*HUGS*

Ehm..... Oooops, I guess I've misunderstood something.....
Old 11-09-2001, 11:37 AM   #4
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:

LOL & Awwww! I know what you mean, except I have more of a dislike for my Math Instructor, "Nit-Picky Norman" I got a test back this morning with a grade of a "C" instead of an A or at least a B (I only missed two out of twenty questions) because he had to nit-pick the work to death and dock me points for not showing him details! 5 points on one ten-point question for not putting a "0" in front of a decimal that had no whole number in the answer! ARGH!
I am determined to pass the class with a B since he won't allow us to get A's LOL!
He always runs the class 5 minutes over schedule too making half of us half to hurry across campus not to be late to our next class.

Thanks for giving me a thread to rant in this morning!

Old 11-09-2001, 01:17 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Man, I just HATE teachers like that, Moni! God forbid I should ever become like that. I had a math teacher once who marked the WHOLE problem wrong in Integral Calculus if you forgot to put the stupid little "dx" symbol after the integration...GRRRR! no matter if your math was perfect, he still counted the whole thing wrong!

And then there was the one where the professor told the class to work the exam in pencil, and a student didn't have a pencil so he used a pen...got everything correct, but the professor failed him because he used a pen (true story, happened at my university). The student took it to the Dean of the college, who gave him credit for the exam and took that professor to task for that. It really makes you wonder why they went into teaching in the first place. Teachers are supposed to serve the student by instructing them, not knocking them down.

Hope things work out for you in that class.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-09-2001, 01:18 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Tiamat! Your rl should come first! We'll be around when you get free time to post! Good luck with your math!

Cloudy
Old 11-09-2001, 03:37 PM   #7
Moni

Saz,
Thanks for your good wishes. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I do get A's on all the homework (because I only have to follow the rules in the book LOL) but for the overall class I am running a mid-B average because of my first test. He tore it apart! Even though I only missed a couple of questions, because I showed him no work, I got an F.
Ah, as long as the F was a first grade and not a last one, I know I'll be able to maintain the B and with any luck, pull it up to an A. I thought for sure I had an "A" on this last one but I did not realize what is acceptable for homework (where I do show my work but can leave out that 0 before the decimal) is not acceptable on his tests. If I end up with a C average, someone will hear about it.
We did surveys on our individual classes and instructors this week.
I did not have a lot of good things to say about the way he teaches and runs the calss overtime, even though he is otherwise a good teacher. I can see his point, wanting us to know what we are doing but, at the same time, if we do, we shouldn't have to show him every little detail...he should save his nit-picking for homework (IMO), at least that way people can pick up on what he wants as we go along and not have bad grades dropped on their heads out of the blue like that!
As it is, I am always leading the class when it comes to answering his questions and doing problems he puts on the board. He got no cooperation from me today LOL, at least not until I got tired of waiting for someone else to tell him the next step once.
I am still pretty irked but at the same time, I know I'll pass and I do have A's in other classes to keep my GPA at an acceptable level. As long as I can pull off the A's & B's, Rex & I don't have to put out any more money than what I spend on gasoline for my education...I get nervous when "Norman" (lol) threatens that.

Tiamat, I'm sorry I forgot earlier to wish you the best of luck with your Math too! Good Luck!

Old 11-09-2001, 06:04 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hiya Bro! Long time no speak! Good luck with your math, I'm sure you'll get through it with flying colors, you are a smart one! Looking forward to seeing you here more often when it is all said and done! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2001, 06:16 PM   #9
Lioness
Jack Burton

Good Luck with teh Math, Tiamat! [img]smile.gif[/img] I know how it is...
Old 11-09-2001, 06:20 PM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hope you start doing better Gwhanos, and get back soon! I hate math too...