Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
imported_Jason, Stone Dragon Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

During the last my game(a solo Pixe Barbaren)I found a new cheat. In Vela at the Ruins of Bersalt, talk to Gorthes untel he gives you the lock picks. Then go into by/sell and sell him the lock picks(i sold them for 400 gold), but when he finds them in his inventory he gives them back so that you can sell them to him agen(I have the pach).
imported_Jason, Stone Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the boards, Jason!!!

That is a very kewl tip!! Let met just see if I have this correct - you talk to Gorthius (of the hidden circle - found to the SW of Valiea) until he gives you his lockpicks that he wants you to deliver to T'hark (I think) - Right so far??

I certainly never tried that with Gorthius! Excellent tip!! Thanks for adding to our still increasing knowledge of Wizards & Warriors!!

[ 06-28-2006, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

That is indeed an interesting tip! [img]smile.gif[/img] Welcome to the board, Jason! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll third that as an interesting tip! When I get back, I may have to fire up another game to check that out...

And welcome to the boards [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] May your journeys in the Gael Serran continue to enlighten those who have gone before [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've been bored playing BG, so I fired up W&W last night. It works quite nicely... with a twist [img]smile.gif[/img]

He'll buy all three lockpicks for 405 gold (at least, he did for me). He'll then give you back either two or three lockpicks, which he then buys back again. He'll pay 270GP for two lockpicks, or 405 for three.

In an added bonus, after I got tired of trying to sell him the lockpicks, I ran away to Valeia, primarily because my party was naked. I'd managed to buy one warrior guild memberships and had no gold... bummer. And I certainly wasn't going to take on the three jade thieves with no arms or armor...

When I got back to the jade thieves, they were all frozen. They didn't attack me until I attacked them, and then the only one who moved was the one I attacked. Made the battle a whole lot easier, lemmetellya.

So thanks for the new tip, Jason!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #6
imported_Jason, Stone Dragon Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes Wyvern, I think that's right.
Bungleau, I had the same thing happen to me. Whut is also fun is to push Gorthius away from the Jade thieves, then walk back and Gorthius still dies. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Also in my curent game I am trying to win the game still 1st level, no leveling up. I am leting them have handme-downs but, no gold and no traning.
imported_Jason, Stone Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote