Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It was crap the first time, now they want you to re-buy it for what was MISSING in the original?! I have lost all respect for D.W.

Instead of working on a v1.4 patch, they were working on another way to get your money for what should have been in the first place. WOW.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I mean, its a total joke to me. Maybe this version is the Beta (the original was an Alpha).

I just don't get it... When something is shite, and SLAMMED in the gaming world as "The worst, unfinished CRPG ever" you USUALLY cut your losses and run, not make a collectors ed. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] geeez

AND BTW, Read the official announcement on the Dreamcatcher forums!!
http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/for...0&page=1&pp=10

------------------------------------------------------------
Toronto, Canada – December 13, 2005 - DreamCatcher Games today announced that they will release a Collector’s Edition of their best-selling RPG game, Dungeon Lords on January 27, 2006.

In addition to all of the latest updates, The Dungeon Lords Collector’s Edition will include new quests, spells, effects, monsters and amazing new heraldries and character customizations to take your RPG experience even deeper. “We’re very excited to offer a Collector’s Edition of Dungeon Lords,” said Product Marketing Manager, Byron Gaum, “We think that RPG fans will be impressed with the number of improvements and added content since the initial release of the game.” The Dungeon Lords Collector’s Edition will also ship in a limited edition painted metal casing that is sure to look great on any collector’s shelf.

The Storyline

Dungeon Lords blends the depth of an Epic Fantasy RPG with the flexibility of an FPS-style control system. Gamers journey through a land of ancient castles and dungeon lairs to engage in real-time tactical combat with a variety of deadly foes. It’s not just about the battles though, as magic spells and hundreds of powerful weapons and artifacts play a huge role in the game.

The game features an abundance of personal missions and quests along with numerous characters to interact with. Players can customize an extensive variety of skills and special abilities for the hero, including race, features and class specializations. The simple and intuitive design will thrill RPG and action fans alike and supports cooperative multiplayer for up to eight players.

Dungeon Lords Collector’s Edition Game Features:

· The depth of an epic Fantasy RPG with the flexibility of an FPS-style control system.

· New quests, spells, effects, monsters, heraldries and character customizations.

· A limited edition painted steel metal case.

· 7 playable races including humans, elves and dwarves and also a number of non-human “demi-goth” races.

· 4 schools of magic – Arcane, Celestial, Rune and Nether.

· Co-operative multiplayer, supporting up to 8 people at once over LAN or Internet.

· Created by award-winning developer, D.W. Bradley and Heuristic Park.

The Dungeon Lords Collector’s Edition ships in North America on January 27th, 2006 with an ESRB rating of ‘T’ for Teen. The game will also ship in Q1, 2006 with a PEGI rating of 16+ in Europe. For more information, visit www.DungeonLords.com.

[ 01-31-2006, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Curious to see what they've supposedly added in. I agree with you, though... it's really a stretch to think of it as something new and worth having. I would rather have had another patch that addressed some of the remaining game issues.

Now, had they included a game editor... that could be cool
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Amazing!!!

I was severely disappointed that DW released Dungeon Lords in the state they did = they did a better job of "finishing up" Wizards & Warriors for release than with DLs - you'd think he would have learned.

I get the impression that these days a lot of game companies get away with marketing ploys that years ago would not have been tolerated at all. Guess the world is so starved for CRPGs that they think they can do anything.

I don't have that much time or inclination to play these days and haven't seen a game to change my mind or make me devote hours and hours as I once did.

[ 01-31-2006, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Amazing!!!

I was severely disappointed that DW released Dungeon Lords in the state they did = they did a better job of "finishing up" Wizards & Warriors for release than with DLs - you'd think he would have learned.

I get the impression that these days a lot of game companies get away with marketing ploys that years ago would not have been tolerated at all. Guess the world is so starved for CRPGs that they think they can do anything.

I don't have that much time or inclination to play these days and haven't seen a game to change my mind or make me devote hours and hours as I once did.
Ohhh, you MUST buy Morrowind:Oblivion! Its coming out in March, and OMG, its amazing. You gonna get that? it's gonna be huge!

Old 01-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

· A limited edition painted steel metal case.

[/QB]
WOW! Life is worth living!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeh, as someone said "A turd is a turd, even if its in a metal case" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh, and the "Collectors Ed"? The only one collecting is Dreamcatcher (Our MONEY)

My original copy is 'collecting' dust on a shelf. lol! (actually, I returned it)

Old 02-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
the mighty stamar

the 1.4 patch is supposed to be 140 mb so im curious what all is in it.

But I dont want to start it up myself i already wasted enough time.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

At 140MB, I might give it a shot... once I finish my current game of W&W [img]smile.gif[/img] They should have fixed a lot of things, don't you think?
-+-+-+
Old 02-10-2006, 12:39 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The patch may or may not be 140MB, but it is big... here's the detail of what's in it:

Quote:
Dungeon Lords Update v1.30 to v1.40 Patch Notes:

This update requires Dungeon Lords version 1.30.

* NEW: Character customization now available.

* CHANGE: Additional game settings and keyboard controls.
* CHANGE: Weapons that must be charged can now be charged at the shrines.
* CHANGE: Various potion and rune buff effects changed.
* CHANGE: Shield of Retribution – reflected spells now cause damage (e.g. Ice Bolt reflected from a Succubus will now freeze or do damage to the monster).
* CHANGE: Multiplayer will now operate more smoothly with 2-4 players over slower connections.

* FIX: Spawnings at gates getting trapped in wall in Demon Realm.
* FIX: Monsters no longer spawn in some floors (Celestial Towers, Arindale buildings).
* FIX: Thrall guards no longer get stuck in Forbidden Gates.
* FIX: Players must now meet stats requirements to gain specialty class advancements.
* FIX: Completed quests no longer remain in quest log finished.
o Mage Aleister: Deliver Aleister’s letter to Lord Davenmore.
o Vartugg: Travel to the Temple of the Naga in the Forbidden Lands.
o Staroxia: Journey to the Isle of the Damned in the Wea of Woe.
* FIX: Players can now re-enter the Shadow Ruins if exiting before completing the quest and not obtaining the Rod of Divinity.
* FIX: Valkyra arrives more quickly when summoned, eliminating problems related to delays causing her not to visit the altar.

So... they didn't really fix much, other than taking away beneficial bugs.

Still... downloading it anyway. Perhaps I'll get to it...
-+-+-+