Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-03-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Lessee... the last time we spoke to you, the Den had just gotten all their guild memberships, I believe. They've completed all the Valeia guild quests, and are comfortably ensconced in the Ishad N'ha guilds. They went back and killed Mother Xydusa to get the last couple of XP to raise levels, and have run the gauntlet in Ishad N'ha multiple times, just hoping for spawned monsters.

So where does that leave us? Well, quite powerless and inept against the Gael Serran's walking salad bar.

What I wouldn't give for a second level flamedrop spell right now...

First off, I can vouch that the salads spawn on the lake by the Boogre Caves. Yep, that means we reloaded there several times as everyone went bones up.

Checked the inventory, and the Den has not found a single fire bomb yet. Not a one! Half a dozen poison bombs, but they don't work against salads.

Note to self: They do work against most of the monsters that congregate around the salads, though...

Couldn't take it any more, so we ran pell-mell towards Shurugeon Castle, stopping only in the moat. Chased by salads and bandit redlegs, we make the moat, head through the tunnel, and emerge on the other side.

Go up on the wall and try to see about taking out the salads one at a time. See one isolated and use all the flamestrike scrolls we have. Barely get him down into yellow... time for a fight :grr:

Take him out after two tries (note to self: set someone to use Healrealm scroll before battle starts), and feel pretty good. Save game, wander a little more, and spot another salad. No more flamestrikes, but maybe we can just run up, slash fast, and use healrealm scrolls to get through. I mean, we've got a dozen just for this reason...

Bad idea. Not only is there a salad, there's another one... and a pack of redlegs... and another pack of redlegs... where did all these guys come from? Aaaaauuuuuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!

So we reload and try another approach. I've now got a sneaky idea about using the Shurugeon drawbridge to take out a salad, but I'm not sure I'm willing to try it.

We drop the drawbridge and run as fast as we can towards Torin. Why? To give him the dragon arrows, of course!

Along the way, we pass three swamp mucks, a band of blacklegs, a couple of trolls, and run under Erathsmedor's belly. He's not happy. Neither are we.

Get to Torin and start giving him scrolls. Cool... he's taking them. What?! Not any more... backpack's full. Okay, who's got the money? Give it to Miss Piggy, would you? All right, buy some stuff... those samurai leggings, they take up a lot of backpack space. And that sword. Okay, now give... hey, what's that green fog? Argh! The swamp mucks have caught up with us, and so has a pack of redlegs. Throw a poison bomb at the redlegs, and give Torin the rest of the arrows, then attack the swamp mucks. Not too bad... only there's another green mist flying at us... the salads have caught up!

No time to lose, we start running again and end up in the Boogre Lake... in the wrong spot. Now to hope we get back to our beach before the salads do... safe. Whew!

Okay, run back to Ishad N'ha, sell the junk we've got, and buy some more flamestrike scrolls.

What do you mean, there aren't any in the shops? There have to be!

Ermmm... noo... no more.

So now we're on the Valeia side of Ishad N'ha, debating how to handle these swamp weeds. I think we'll be running back to Shurugeon to get things going, if only to make sure that we don't get trapped in the gauntlet by Ishad N'ha.

So... how's everyone else's games going? Anyone got a spare fire bomb? Or wizard?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:18 AM   #2
MorgyDaMaus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

-Looks into his swagbag and finds..........-

"Nope, no spare wizard, but i have a half eaten cheese and ham on rye sandwich. Also have a pencil stub and an old golf score card, will they help?"

"Oh, look, and old Milli Vanilli tape. Maybe you could lipsinc the salads to death"
MorgyDaMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Well, I could send Stackman's party to the rescue, but at the moment they are engaged in an exciting discussion at "the Boar's Head" in Brimloch Roon.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Den of Thieves, and not a single Mojo Assassin! Dark spells work well, as do shadows and sneaking. Poison has nil effect on a poison enhanced critter. What about some arrows of massive hemorrhaging?
Oh,
Oh yes,
This will do'er.
How bout a nice "blood bath" spell, always seems to work for me.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:24 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

But I have no spells! I will get an assassin as soon as I can get to the Stout Mines, but until then, these guys are as magical as a bunch of rocks.

I may need to try the arrow approach... that's not a bad idea. Sadly, it will have to wait until I get back home and can game again.
-+-+-+
Old 03-06-2004, 01:38 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Score one for the cat! The Den ran back to Ishad N'ha and bought bows and 100 Takekatsu arrows apiece. They then ran back to Shurugeon Castle and waited for a salad to show up.

When the salads didn't, they then went looking... and found one

They ran back to the castle and waited, but it still didn't show. So they stepped forward, and the salad appeared... at the right range to be shot with arrows, but too far away to breathe its own deadly vapors.

Many minutes and close to one hundred arrows later, that salad was fertilizer...

I forgot to mention that they did use the one fire bomb they found on it, or else the number of arrows would have been much higher. A lot of "Stripes shoots... Stripes misses" went on [img]smile.gif[/img]

Couldn't get one close enough to try the drawbridge, but I believe there are still two more of them chasing after the Den... [img]smile.gif[/img]

More later. It's time for bed now... [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]
-+-+-+