Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 08:27 AM   #11
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Mistral, I'm not sure where you're located, but the bank I use, HSBC is an international bank, and they have checking accounts without many (or sometimes any) charges and they also have credit cards. You might want to check them out.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Harleyquinn [img]smile.gif[/img] I did try the HSBC credit card last year but then cancelled it because of the charges they imposed after the 1st year (when the fees are waived) [img]tongue.gif[/img] HSBC's service was certainly better than the aforementioned companies [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Perhaps I will have a 'cooling off' period (reminds me of a breakup LOL ) during which HSBC erases my old record [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] and then I will decide whether or not to return to my 'old love'
Old 11-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #12
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Citibank = RUDE My wife and I got a card form them almost 10 year's ago and I tell ya, if we hadnt fallen on some super bad time's I would have shredded the card and the company as well, hehe. At one point they were calling our home not once, but 5 time's a day with the "please wait while we transfer you" type phone call. Well that alway's merrited a prompt hang up from whom ever answered the phone because we thought it was some solicitor. Florida has a really bad telemarketing issue and at that point we were getting phone calls from everyone but the people we knew I am over joyous we have caller id and an answering machine Well back to Citi bank, there operator's are rude and very unhelpful, they dont, or wont transfer you to a different department so you can avoid the 30 automated responses on there operating service since you can never really get a "live" person unless you god forbid missed a payment or you were late !!! Note to all young people thinking of getting a credit card, DONT DO IT it is bad new's and can get away from you if you arent careful
So that is my tale of woe, I dont like Citi bank, never have, but it was a matter of necessity to get a card and they had the best deal at the time I needed one, 0% interest for the first 6 month's and 5% after that, unless you miss a payment or are late and then WHAM it goes to fare market value @ 21% which of course this caption was mixed into all the fine small print somewhere on the back of the document under section F column D sub section X
Old 11-24-2003, 09:54 AM   #13
mistral4543

You too, huh, Elif?

I agree, credit cards are bad news mostly (but that's just me ). The way they slap on the interest charges, it's as if they've been living for this day to pounce on you...

The only reason I first signed up with HSBC last year was because I had to go on an official overseas trip and I did not want to carry too much spare cash with me. It wasn't necessary for me to get a card this year (no overseas trips) but then I got tempted by the so-called perks (ended up not really taking advantage of them [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ).

Anyhow, I have sent off a check (had to ask my dad to write one, since I don't have a check book and I'll have to repay him soon - remind me again that it is VERY convenient to pay bills through credit cards [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] ) to Citibank. I'll consider the interest charges a pricey lesson to me not to indulge in credit card-spending.

And, I sure hope that the next payment slip doesn't send my head shooting to the roof... sigh
Old 11-24-2003, 10:26 AM   #14
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

i do not like credit cards but it has been my experience that capitol one was good to me, i was just not good to them.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:59 AM   #15
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

It sounds like you were trying for automatic payments. I did this with my cable company and the cable company always phoned me saying that they were always denied payments for any card I used. Very Annoying but I thought it was the cable companies fault but maybe it was the credit card companies.

I now do the most of my banking online through my bank now rater than automatic payments (evil stuff). It is very easy, get the bill, log on, choose the account, company, payment, and submit. The bill is paid as soon as you want it to be. Very good, if you need to wait for a paycheck because you can pay as soon as you get it and you will never be late. The only problem that can arise is out of ones own stupidity when they are asleep and enter more than they want to pay or pay the wrong bill, and forget to review the confirmation screen. This is bad if you are on a tight budget otherwise it is just added to that company account for its next bill. Online banking is the way to go it is fast and still gives you the control without any hassle.

I use my credit card like ladyzekke. I use AMEX to get air miles I should soon have enough for a nice barbecue. They even let me give a card to my fiancée, which now I wish they had not . WOMEN!!!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] At least I get a lot of AIR MILES!!!

[ 11-24-2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 11-24-2003, 07:16 PM   #16
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
It sounds like you were trying for automatic payments. I did this with my cable company and the cable company always phoned me saying that they were always denied payments for any card I used. Very Annoying but I thought it was the cable companies fault but maybe it was the credit card companies.

I now do the most of my banking online through my bank now rater than automatic payments (evil stuff). It is very easy, get the bill, log on, choose the account, company, payment, and submit. The bill is paid as soon as you want it to be. Very good, if you need to wait for a paycheck because you can pay as soon as you get it and you will never be late. The only problem that can arise is out of ones own stupidity when they are asleep and enter more than they want to pay or pay the wrong bill, and forget to review the confirmation screen. This is bad if you are on a tight budget otherwise it is just added to that company account for its next bill. Online banking is the way to go it is fast and still gives you the control without any hassle.

I use my credit card like ladyzekke. I use AMEX to get air miles I should soon have enough for a nice barbecue. They even let me give a card to my fiancée, which now I wish they had not . WOMEN!!!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] At least I get a lot of AIR MILES!!!
Yes, online banking is good - but only if your bank has a payment arrangement with the credit card company. I can't believe it but the bank whom I'm signed up with does not allow me to settle my Citibank bills online

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] at your remark about women. I don't know about your fiancee, but I tend to spend when I've had a particularly lousy time at work, the night is still very young (ie, I've stormed out of the office, leaving tonnes of unfinished work aside) and I need to pamper myself with nice things (I try to target inexpensive articles). That's why shopping is deemed as retail therapy [img]tongue.gif[/img] Of course, most of the time, I work till I'm completely drained so I don't often get the chance to indulge myself [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]