Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-31-2002, 10:19 PM   #11
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

anyne heard about the easter egg in excel 97?
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-31-2002, 11:00 PM   #12
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
anyne heard about the easter egg in excel 97?
Have now...
Old 04-01-2002, 12:41 AM   #13
rabbit_ate_trix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

when i started learning programming easter eggs was one of the first things my teacher showed us.

i think they're cool and a good thing to do in programming to ease some of the stress.

notice how microsoft programs tend to have a lot? well personally i think working for someone like Bill Gates (don't get me started on his depths of evil and fruit bruising wrongness) would make me want to hide little things all up in his $#!+

mircrosof word has a flight simulator

i put them in all my programs, mind you they aren't very advanced yet. some program's easter eggs are better than my programs.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:15 AM   #14
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So is an easter egg say in MSword If i go : ) (without the space) it will do a smiley face??
Old 04-01-2002, 03:46 PM   #15
rabbit_ate_trix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
So is an easter egg say in MSword If i go : ) (without the space) it will do a smiley face??
no, that's called a "feature" [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2002, 07:31 PM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Bungie Software is notoroiuse for Easter eggs, first of all there is the GIGANTIC connection between everything to do with Bungie and the number 7. Take any aspect of the games, whether they be character's names or little parts of storys which just happen to exitst, and you will see the number 7 everywhere. The serial numbers on Myth, Halo, and Marathon all read DMUKYA and TBWSAF which stand for Don't Make us Kick your ass and Too bad we stopped at four! (meaning Marathon, Marathon 2, Marathon Infinity, and Halo being the only 4 marathon games) There also are recycled quotes which occur in all of the games. In one part of myth there is a giant Still (you know for making alchohol) and if you zoom in on in you can hear the bungie staff singing an ol' drinking song. if you zoom in on a few trees you can see a griffin which exists nowhere else in the game, if you look around another map you can see two Ghols doing the nasty, and Dwarves always say the line "Get Out of the way!"

"Get Out of the Way" is said in Marathon by the bobs and is said by the Grunts in Halo IN THE EXACT SAME vocal tones. It is said in a way which can only be related specifically to the games. Also, Halo has more BOB quotes than you can shake a stick at. At one point a marine shouts "We're Makin' Love! We're the beast with two backs!" Which is also said by a Knight In myth II... TO make the situation even odder, the same Knight is seen later talking to a freind about what he wants to do in life. "You know what Ander... one of these days i'm going to fulfil my lifes dream.." "and that is?" "To Grow a turnip!" "...A Turnip?" "NOT just ANY ol' Turnip! THE WORLD'S BIGGEST TURNIP!" "but why a turnip?" "My only answer to you is a question... HAVSAST YE PROBLEMS WITH TURNIPS?!" "umm no... i just don't see the point..." "DIE KNAVE!!"

At about this time you can hurl a moltov at them to shut em' up...

Also, when you get a dwarf close to a fallen Ghol monument he shouts out "SOOO They finally got rid of that mad zombie frankenstien blood sucking vampire mummy metropolitan computer god!" (Jason Jones perhaps?)

To add to the funny, if you look inside of the library in Myth a picture of the bungie staff can be seen, later the image can be revealed at the start of a SECRET LEVEL in the game which can only be unlocked with a code: GOOTW (get out of the way) and holding the left shift key, the level is called A cold hearted drinking party. In this level, and this level alone, are 2 special units: Men with Muskets, and Exploding deer. THe idea of the map is pretty self-explanatory. Shoot the explosive deer which are mingling with real deer before they run up to your musketeers and blow them to bits. If a level with Soulblighter in it is done incorrectly the party will go SOUTH instead of West at the end of it, when they do this they'll reach a map called LIMBS HEADS AND SMOKING CRATERS which invoulves nothing more than killing Thousands of explosive slow walking scuicidal units. Also on the map are several feilds made of satchel mines and the Dwarves litterally have a feild day. One screams out "WHOA HO ! WAIT TILL I TELL BALIN ABOUT THIS ONE!" Another Bungie Serial number includes the letters WHWTITBATO @_@...

Also, why do the dwarves have signal flares, baloons, Cannons, and parachutes? Does anybody really know? Maybe they've been watching the Baron's Video Collection. If you walk into his library and zoom in on the books you will see that they have such titles as "JAWS" "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" "Cujo" and even "The Birds" [img]tongue.gif[/img] and those are all of the easter eggs that come off of the top of my head in Myth...

IN phantasy star online we also have Easter eggs, LITTERALLY. WHen easter time comes around Giant EGGS appear in the lobbies and on the Deck of the main ship, they serve no purpose except to sit there and... be eggs...

*edit* and yes even the X-box has an easter egg in it, if you try to copy a disk to the hard drive and name it "Eggsßox" it shows a 45 minute video of THE NAME OF EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WORKS AT MICROSOFT @_@ and at least 15 "Bills" went by, Only one of them was in all caps with an underline

[ 04-01-2002, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
Old 04-02-2002, 12:55 PM   #17
rabbit_ate_trix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

dude man yo, you know your bungie software.