Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-28-2002, 11:35 PM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Here are my stats, so you can determine if you see anything wrong with them:

Wizard (1)
Sorceror (5)
Ranger (14)

Levels in all (20)
Lore (12)
Animal Empathy (14)

Spell Casting: No Ranger Cantrips, No Sorceror Cantrips or Spells.

Ranger Spells: Animal Summon I, Once per day
Wizard Cantrips: Ice Beam, Sheild, Light

Feats:
Heavy Armor
Medium Armor
Light Armor
2 Handed Weaponry
Exotic Weapons
Rapid Shot
Power Shot
Longbow Increased Criticals
Shortbow Increased Criticals
The basic Elf setup

1 Animal Freind
1 Familiar

He holds on him some spell scrolls and rings with spells like summon monster 5 on them, as well as one of each ranged weapon and an entire inventory window of arrows, nothing more. When I try to connect to some games it lets me in no problem. When I see these fairly crowded games, however, I try to join, everything says that I should, as I have a Legal character who was saved outside of that single game and was by all means Legal to Bioware, I try to log in, my screen goes black and then a message comes up saying that I don't have the minimum requirement for a spell. It doesnt tell me what the requirement is or what spell it has a problem with.

And now here's where you come in: HELP !
Old 08-29-2002, 06:31 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What are your character's attributes (Strength etc.)? If your charisma is lower than 10 you can NOT cast any sorceror based spells as charisma is the determining factor for sorceror spells. Same holds true for wisdom for the ranger. Rangers do not get clerical cantrips. The basic rule of thumb is that the BASE value of the spellcasting prime stat must be equal to 10 + the level of the spell in order to cast a spell of that level. So a 5th level sorceror would need a BASE charisma of 12 in order to cast 2nd level spells, and a 14th level ranger would need a wisdom of 13 in order to cast 3rd level ranger spells. Modifications to stats from items are NOT considered when determining if your character meets these requirements.

[ 08-29-2002, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:08 AM   #3
Vampire

Weird Combination of wizard and sorcerer why may i ask?
Old 08-29-2002, 07:19 AM   #4
Whailor

Frankly I see no reason really to make such mixed chars, doesn't excactly give any special bonus, as all 'classes' will be too low to be of any real use. But it's your choice and there's nothing for me to say about it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just that why did you take wizard AND sorceror? If you want a spellcaster with melee power, try, for example, the paladin and sorcerer. Both need CHA as important stat, and from lvl 1 to lvl 20 you will have 4 chances to raise some other needed stat, like STR. Or CHA, or whatever else. Basically, when making mixed classes, figure out what you want, then check out the details of those classes, and see which is best combo. Some are simply better due to the overlapping main stats, for example. But other then that, having more then 2 classes is more of a waste, at least as I see it. You can get 2 classes to reasonable levels, but 3 is overkill.