Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-05-2002, 03:35 PM   #1
Calsiumus
Drow Warrior

Ahhh I hate mages!!
no affence to you "mages lovvers" but I hate mages I mean when you are a mage yourself you suck big time but when you fight a mage they ´kick ass!!...
Arghh...
Calsiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 03:36 PM   #2
Calsiumus
Drow Warrior

I know I out this topic in other forums but I just disslike them!
Calsiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 03:50 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

You have it backwards. Every computer mage in the game seems to be lobotomised. Ive seen Irenicus II waste *both* his timestops on ...

...wait for it...

gnolls.

Whereas a well played mage (Which might be your probably going wrong) is the single most powerful force in the game.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:05 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

True, andrewas.
I've seen mage cast timestop and then do nothing until it elapsed. It occurs when the party exits his field of view. He is just not clever enough to make a few steps to see them .
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:38 PM   #5
Bremen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Low level mages may have some difficulties, initially. However, as their levels increase, mages become extremely powerful. I wouldn't underestimate them if I were you. Just be patient and your mage will come around soon enough, and then you'll be glad you kept him.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:58 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I think spellcasters rules, especially Mages and Sorcerers.
In low-level, they are pretty weak, and that's why I usually have a party consisting mostly of myself and tanks.
But when they come in higher levels, nothing can beat them. They have so many different spells, so they can get through all protections, and strike at you where it hurts the most. They can also summon creatures more powerful then any warrior. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:26 PM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by Calsiumus:
Ahhh I hate mages!!
no affence to you "mages lovvers" but I hate mages I mean when you are a mage yourself you suck big time but when you fight a mage they ´kick ass!!...
Arghh...
I agree I like to play a charcter that can hack his way out of anything.
Like the good old Barbarian. He fears nothing.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:26 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Calsiumus HAS a point. The mages in the game, although there are a few that are weak, on the whole DO seem stronger then your mages, I think its coz they're immune to spells that hurt you're party, eg, I find when I cast "finger of death" or "power word kill" the mages its aimed at usually save it... :| lol, having said that, with goblin shamans... [img]tongue.gif[/img] I guess its who you're fighting really, and if you took down Irenicus in one, it'd kinda suck...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:33 PM   #9
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Calsiumus HAS a point. The mages in the game, although there are a few that are weak, on the whole DO seem stronger then your mages
Besides Irenicus - who dosent *use* his abilities to any great effect - name one?
Old 10-06-2002, 12:43 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The only 'Mage' that can cast Time Stop faster than my Sorcerer is a certain Demon Prince found in ToB( and I still trashed him without losing a single Hp). Once the Time Stop activates, it is game over man, game over for the opposing Mage.

Even Jon Irenicus was weaker... ...

The reason why the computer Mages have certain advantages is because otherwise, any player can just mow over them. Think about it... they do not know how to use cheese like us human players, so they have to resort to cheating, but we can still beat them easily. This is the limitation of game coding and nothing more.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote