Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

First post!
Now that I got it I have something to say unless this will look like spam. Our light in the kitchen doesn't work so a guy who repairs bulbs and such things is coming in half an hour.

[ 03-01-2005, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
philip
Galvatron

I don't think it helps to disguise your spam if you tell it, Xen [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It looks like I can't get myself to work. Everytime I hear that I'll have more time I stop working. Yesterday my training was cancelled and I didn't do anything. Today I hear all trainings this week are cancelled and I can't get myself to work

Now the real problem is that I have to do 2 projects. One is making a site with a learning tool called dokeos which in the end isn't like building a site at all. Another problem with this project is that somebody really wanted to make the site while he obviously didn't know anything about it but kept on screaming the loudest. Now he did it and it's the most awful thing I've ever seen. It's just eyecandy but it's not functional to what a user has to do with it and you can't look at it for more than 5 minutes while the idea was more like 50-300 minutes. The code looks awful too and now I have to figure out how I'm going to get the text in and he'll probably get mad as well if I change too much.

The other project is my speech and the problem is I don't have a good subject (patents on genes). Supporting it isn't controversial and against it doesn't have many arguments so I'll have to convince my classmates with an ethical argument. That on the other hand is good cause if my other arguments aren't working I at least have something to fall back on.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Wow philip good luck with your two projects. My school coursework is a lot less intresting, such as "How does the playwriter, Alan Bennet, show the character of Doris in his monologue 'A Cream Cracker Under The Settee'"

Boring.

As for today I didn't walk into any lamp posts...RESULT! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Parents used the old "Go to school and get the office to ring me if you feel unwell". Damn them and their evil phrases.=
Old 03-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #6
Violet
Manshoon

Good morning.
March has come in like a lamb in the desert this morning - sunny with temps in the low 70's. I'd rather have the rain the first week of March than the last but alas, it is not to be. It's going to be a beautiful week.

Catching up since I was here last -

Cloudbringer, I didn't mean to ignore your comment about how nice it was of Gwen to go back home to help her daughter. Either one of us would drop our lives if the health and welfare of our children or grandchildren were at stake. (Of course, neither one of my daughters better call to inform me of my impending grandmotherhood until they are out of college LOL! Nonetheless, if they end up in any trouble, I'd be there)

ladyzekke, yes she's white with dreadlocks. It looks disgusting - long, dirty blonde mats tied back with a scrungee. Your goatee story was funny! I don't blame people for fearing him LOL!
(I keep a pair of tiny scissirs in my purse - good thing I don't have to go out with him anywhere otherwise he'd probably lose it [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )

Hivetyrant, how's the new job since the orientation?

Attalus, hello. I hope you are recovering from your accident! Sorry to hear you hurt yourself!

Kakero, I hope you are feeling better too!

T-D-C, welcome back from your holiday! I am not sure I want another one anytime soon lol, I came home from ours with 6 extra pounds and am having troubles getting my newly fattened behind into my old comfortable slacks and jeans hehe -

Xen, I want to see Constantine! Now that I have my husband back from his week on the links maybe we'll get a night out for dinner and a movie soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Clean computers - I love them.

Ivellis, oh man, pain and humiliation all in an instant! I'm sorry it happened to you. (funny though!)

Sigmar, congratulations!
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Aye Violet it was funny, although the "Look out a lamp post" joke got old very quickly today.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #8
Violet
Manshoon

Back when I was young(er lol) a young man was walking me to my car on campus and he was so intent on looking at me the whole time we were walking/talking that he never saw a sign that the side of his face smacked into until after the fact. I couldn't warn him in time and felt bad about it but at the same time, to see it cracked me up. Thankfully he had a sense of humor and laughed too. He never walked me to my car again though lol!
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Not much going on for me today,just bad weather and work, which today, is mostly telling those who call that others aren't going to be in because of the bad weather! LOL
Old 03-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #10
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Got some snow today which means no school for me (YES!). I love snow-days.

[ 03-01-2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: armageddon272 ]
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote