Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-15-2003, 12:25 AM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well, this is really just stating the obvious, but some people might not know, so this will be an advice topic. These are generic hints, don't give away specific info for quests please. Here are some of mine.

1. Why does strength seem to increase your movement speed. Well, remember that as you gain strength, you encumbarence limit goes up. The less stuff you hold, the faster you go, so what you are really doing is just making your load lighter.
2. I've found it usefull to look at your surroundings, ESPECIALLY, in a Daedric Ruin. No doubt there is a crazy orc with a huge warhammer awaiting you behind that pillar.
3. If your strength is a main part of your guy, and you don't have acrobatics specialized, jump all the time. Remember, strength governs acrobatics, so you can get strength up to 5 points per level without using any weapons.
4. Use potions and local ales. It may seem silly, but I've just discovered the awesome power of sujamma. My 2nd guy (Hogarth, Northern Barbarian/Custom Class), has 20 of em on him. Whenever he is gonna go into a tough fight, I swallow to of these things, and thats all I need. And don't forget to use Exclusive Restore Health potions. These are the best (beside custom made), especially against those really hard people. I say carry about 10 of them.
5. Are you in need of money, well, if your up to it, kill an ordinator. Here is what you do. Go to Vivec, go into the Arena Canalworks (or anyone Canalworks that has 1 guard) and if you follow my advice on the previous, you can take this guy down easily. That and I recomend being on level 5 and have atleast 70 health. Then go and sell it. Try Creeper in Caldera (Ghorak manor, biggest house there), or if you have Tribunal installed, go to the smithy in the Great Bazaar. All Indoril stuff is great. And you could keep his stuff. Some of you guys are looking around for a decent mace, he has a ebony mace equipped. And if you are skilled in Medium, heck you can certainly use it. Just don't go talking to Ordinators then, cuz they'll kill you if you talk to them with Indoril on you cuz the armor is sacred and that all that jazz.
6. If you really need money, and can't take on the guards, here is another tip. Go buy a potion (or spell or make it) of telekinesis. Then go to the Dren Planation (North or east of Pelagiad) and go into Dren's Villa. Go the top where Dren is, and go into that corner where the baskets and crates are. Notice the shelf full of daedric greaves or something like that. Go into sneak mode, use the telekinis, and grab all those good items.

Any additions would be usefull.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 04:14 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

well, here's what I want to add:

- it doesn't matter where you put your skills in, be it either major,minor or miscellanous skill. just go play the game and HAVE patience. your skills, no matter where you put them. WILL go up during your adventures.

- don't increase your strength too high or your weapon will break easily.

- click the "x" on your map so that it will stay on your screen. this way you'll know where you are going.

- if you see any npc have red " good bye " when you first click them. strip yourself of ALL belongings and be naked. the npc will now talk to you. note : this don't work in Mournhold.

- the master teacher for enchant skill will attack you at first sight. so have a "calm humanoid" spell ready if you want to train with him.

- create several save game file so that you'll have more protection just incase you goof up.

- save your game always.

- have fun.

err...I'm too tired at the moment.maybe I'll add more later.zzzzzzzzzz
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 09:39 PM   #3
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

i have a hint its called explore the south east seas.....good stuff
Old 02-16-2003, 10:22 PM   #4
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

The actual seas or the Azura coast?
Rolandthemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:35 PM   #5
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

azuras cost tahts it, some good stuff near there
Old 02-17-2003, 03:29 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Another one.
7. When in a Daedric Ruin, hit spacebar on the statue. Sometimes you summon a daedra and get a quest.
8. I've also noticed that the 3 great houses can increase your skills higher than 45. Telvanni (Wizards) can increase all the magic skills, Redoran (warriors) increase all combat (except I haven't found a guy with spear), and Hlaau (thieves) all the thief stuff.
9. About my advice on number five. Strip your guy of all items so the guards won't take anything you stole.
10. If you are need for exceptional armor or weapons, go to pawnbrokers or traders. They have a great selection, and you can get lucky and find something good.
11. If you need good equipment, go to Ghostgate. Though the trip may be long, the stuff there is worth it. Just make sure you have lots of gold.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:41 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

- it doesn't matter which armor you use, you can still sneak with heavy armor.

- search every nook and cranny, you never know when you'll find and exceptional item.

- if you notice a dungeon is very high, use levitate spell/ rising potion to search those high plces, there may be some chest hidden on it.

- however, if you have tribunal, in dungeons in Mournhold, don't bother searching every nook and cranny, it's completely empty or the item is too cheap.

- fighter and thief guild quests is best done together, mage and imperial legion quests is best done together. as their quest sometimes clash.

- some guild may offer you quest after you finish beating the game, like morag tong and mage guild ( if you didn't kill trebonius ).

- don't leave your item in just any chest/barrel, the item may just disappear one day, also don't leave your item on someone else house when the owner is there and still alive, the owner may think that your item which you put in his house is his.

- store youe loot in houses which have no owner or the owner is dead. also make sure you clear the chest/barrel empty first.

- don't forget visiting " X " on your map that come with the game, there may be hidden dungeon on them. usually they got good stuff as well.

hmmm...I may add more later.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:39 AM   #8
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

the thing you said about high STR. are you joking or is it true??
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 04:16 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

no, I'm not joking, a super high stat will easily break your weapon.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:20 AM   #10
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

but my character is a warrior and no doubt sooner or later I'll reach 100 STR. With 100 str will my sword be broken? what's your advice about this situation?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote