Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-05-2000, 12:42 AM   #1
Squig

First of all, I know that W&W isn't totally Win2K compliant but I figured "What the hell, I'll try it".

When I load the deep6.exe off of my hard drive, the screen goes black like it's about to load the main menu but then kicks back out to my desktop. I figured it was just because of video/sound drivers or settings. I tried some different drivers and settings but didn't get it to work.

Here is what is really wierd. Out of sheer boredom, I ran the deep6.exe straight from the CD-ROM and it actually brought up the main menu for the game. Anybody have a clue what is going on?

P2-350mhz
196MB ram
16MB Creative TNT (Nvidia TNT1 drivers)
Diamond mx300 sound (Aureal vortex2 drivers)
Win2K OS (patched to the max from windows update)

Old 10-05-2000, 02:51 PM   #2
Skar
Welcomed New User

hm i ve win2k too but i ve another problem. (no highlited buildings in citys)

i think its ur tnt1.

cu
Skar
Old 10-09-2000, 10:06 AM   #3
Squig

I figured it out. It was my damned Diamond Sound card. I just bought a Sound Blaster Live card. I am tired of dealing with it since Aureal is out of business and there is only a set of Win2K beta drivers that don't work.