Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-27-2002, 06:35 AM   #1
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Gidday,

I had a couple of quickly rolled characters, when I exited the Inn Gareth spoke to me and gave me a quest for the sword. I then reverted the game after some adventuring, deleted the crap characters and rolled up some other more stronger characters and started a new party, but this time when I exited the Inn Gareth was not around, and his quest didn’t show up under character review/quests screen – why is this?? How can I fix this??

How much emphasis do people place on the PRESENCE attribute, does it help do have your toughest fighter with a high presence so monsters are more likely to target him/her??

If I get a fighters guild quest and have 2 fighters in the party do both characters need to speak to the quest giver to get credit once the quest is completed?

Cheers
Nutman

[ 07-27-2002, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Nutman ]
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 07:34 AM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Gidday, Nutman!!!

In order to have Gareth ...reappear. You need to ' Reset ' adventures. This restarts the game.

'Revert' only brings you back to the last time you left town.

To 'Reset adventures', click on the computer icon to bring up the 'Options menu' screen. The 'Reset adventures' button is in the upper right hand corner....
Old 07-27-2002, 08:05 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

To answer the rest of your questions, no I´ve never noticed anything different with characters with high presence. They don´t get attacked more than any other. Yes both of your fighters have to talk with the shop keeper to get credit. it can get tiresome when all 6 is a member and on the same quest lol.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
originally posted by WillowIX

To answer the rest of your questions, no I´ve never noticed anything different with characters with high presence. They don´t get attacked more than any other. Yes both of your fighters have to talk with the shop keeper to get credit. it can get tiresome when all 6 is a member and on the same quest lol.
According to the book, thats what PRESENCE is suppose to do...But, I've never noticed any difference either.

When getting credit for multiple characters, there is a trick you can try, to speed things up a little. (the time saved, varies by quest)

Using your example of 2 fighters;
Select fighter 1 and enter the shop.
When Smithy starts talking, select fighter 2.
Both conversations will run at the same time, in the text screen. (not always at the same pace.)
If you move the cursor over the 'Enter Guild' icon, you'll see a discription on the bottom of the screen.
'* Name * Is A Level 1 Warrior's Guild Member'
As Smithy rambles on, continue to move the cursor, on and off of the icon. (this will update the discrption)
As soon as you see the level increase, it's safe to leave the shop. ( or change the topic )

**Note; This will work with any number of characters. As long as you stop on the last person that has the quest.
Old 07-27-2002, 04:45 PM   #5
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Gidday,

thanks for the replies - so Presence doesn't effect prices of items at shops - I know merchant skill does, but does any other skill come in to play.

cheers
Nutman
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 04:59 PM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

The 'Merchant' skill, is the only thing that affects the price of items in the shops.

[ 07-27-2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 07-27-2002, 11:16 PM   #7
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

No Presence doesn't affect the shop. I have found that it affects how quickly the oppenets will spot you except with elite roles like ninja, Zenmaster, Assasin, and Monk. The Presence will make them less noticable.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:43 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I hate to disagree with folks (honestly!), but I have noticed presence having an impact on price. Not necessarily substantial, but there is a difference.

I also have to say that I play the patched game, which may be part of the difference. I know a few folks out here like to play unpatched.

I can also mentioned that the trick of leaving the shop after you've gotten your guild level will only work in the unpatched game. In the patched game, you can't do anything until the shopkeeper finishes his speech.

Which means that in Brimloch Roon, the calls for Sebastio's head grow increasingly louder with each trip to the wizard's guild...

[ 07-29-2002, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 08:16 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

I am playing an unpatched game and I've never seen shop prices dependent on PRE. On the other hand, I think I saw attack preferences depending on PRE: more ugly characters seems to be attacked more often. On the other hand, it does not matter whether all your characters have PRE 3 or PRE 24.
I recommend to make all your characters equally ugly or nice. Perhaps, mages should be a bit nicer than the warriors. This will cost you nothing (remember the inn feature) and you will be able to forget attack preferences, if there are any in the game.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:04 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... just as specifically, I tested out prices. But as I think about it, I tested prices for selling items. I don't remember if I tested prices for buying items or not. With selling, presence did make a difference.

I'll have to start up a game to see how it worked again. Maybe I can do some semi-scientific testing.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote