Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
Vedran
Lord Soth

I came home 30 min ago and my brother told me that great majority of his mp3s turned to -name-.mp3.vbs. Same goes for .jpg and some other filetypes. Yay! Quick Google search proved my darkest fears: it is a worm. So I d/l a fix and it really fixed part of those back to normal. But not all.

I had Norton AntiVirus installed when I bought the PC. But my Windows collapsed a month ago, and a reinstall was a must. Can I download NAV w/o paying $44?
I'd rather reinstall again.

Help. Please, help.
Any thoughts?

[ 01-25-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Old 01-25-2003, 07:48 AM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

The way you named this thread it sounds like you're happy about it, perhaps no ones responding for fear of catching it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I felt like saying : Congrats on the worm! is it a boy or a girl!?

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously tho I thought hte patch for Norton was free if you've already got the software on yoru computer somewhere. Also, if all else fails there's rapid restore...
Old 01-25-2003, 07:58 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

And here I was reading the thread title thinking you actually HAD a worm. Like a tapeworm. Or something.
Well.

NAV is annoying. If you didnt have it installed as part of a software package AFTER your computer was sold to you, it tends to be annoying and starts to charge you for upgrades (so far as I can tell.. I'm not really sure why, but this seems to be the case amongst people I know)
Old 01-25-2003, 09:35 AM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Norton is a pain if you dont have an install disk. Another option would be going to www.webattack.com and downloading a diffrent anti virus soft ware. You can also get a fire wall there to keep things out of your machine.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:57 AM   #5
Lavindathar
Harper

Lol, I thought it was a pet worm you brought in from the garden!

Oh well, glad its virtually sorted!
Old 01-25-2003, 01:55 PM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I felt like saying : Congrats on the worm! is it a boy or a girl!?
Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
And here I was reading the thread title thinking you actually HAD a worm. Like a tapeworm. Or something.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Lol, I thought it was a pet worm you brought in from the garden!
You sick people! Now it is obvious what kind of threads are you interested in!
[img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]

On a more serious note, my PC had NAV installed when I bought it. But I don't have installation disc. I shall try to get it, tho. BTW, upgrades were detected automatically, and free of charge.
Is there a forum where I could ask for help? I would rather skip Googleing.
Thanks, people, *casts Bless and grants 5000XP to each one of you*.

[ 01-25-2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]