Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 08:29 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Not surprised in the least! Geraldo's an attention seeking peabrain in my not so humble opinion! I've never understood why that guy just doesn't come clean and admit he's got no clue...LOL He's a tabloid reporter with pretensions to journalism.

When the war in Iraq began, they had footage of him in Afghanistan, in the middle of the desert in bright sunlight and what was Geraldo wearing? Head to toe black clothing. He stuck out like Hulk Hogan in a ballet class. Everyone else around him was in khaki. [img]tongue.gif[/img] 'nuff said
Old 04-01-2003, 12:59 AM   #12
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

All black clothing, eh? Well, he's seen military movies and been around military personnel before, so he knows that many of them have had martial arts training. Hence, he bought a ninja outfit so he could sneak around with them. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:47 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
All black clothing, eh? Well, he's seen military movies and been around military personnel before, so he knows that many of them have had martial arts training. Hence, he bought a ninja outfit so he could sneak around with them. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] That's EXACTLY what it reminded me of, Azred! LOL Ninja Rivera reporting to you from Afghanistan's desert ....
Old 04-01-2003, 08:52 AM   #14
Lil Lil

LMAO Geraldo as a Ninja reporter! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

When he did finally put fatigues on, he wore a safari-style hat, one that would have gone well with the image Djinn Raffo described above.

I still haven't heard any confirmation of his being removed on any of the national broadcast stations.

EDIT: I did just find this in the Washington Post though

From The Above Link:
Quote:
Sources familiar with the Rivera situation said Fox News will pull the flamboyant reporter from the country today in response to complaints from a ground commander that he broke Pentagon rules by reporting on future military plans. Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said yesterday morning that Rivera was being expelled.

But after Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes called a Pentagon official, Whitman said the situation was still under review -- part of an apparent agreement under which Rivera will be voluntarily recalled instead of officially evicted.

Rivera, for his part, took to the airwaves, surrounded by members of the 101st Airborne, to deny the earlier reports on CNN and MSNBC that he was being expelled. "It sounds to me like some rats at my former network, NBC, are spreading lies about me . . . trying to stab me in the back. . . . MSNBC is so pathetic a cable news network they have to do anything they can to attract attention."

The contretemps was triggered by a Fox report shortly after midnight yesterday in which Rivera got down on one knee, sketched the location of various coalition forces in the sand and described a plan by one unit to "join in the surrounding of An Najaf."

Whitman said Rivera was "compromising tactical information. . . . I can't imagine that anyone who saw that report would not think it was a gross lack of judgment. He gave real-time information about a unit's location, their mission and their pending activity, which would clearly aid the enemy." Whitman said Fox was taking the matter "very seriously."

"He's a very enthusiastic guy and he goes with his gut," Fox News Vice President John Moody said. "It's part of what makes him Geraldo."

He noted that Rivera went to Iraq as an "untrained" journalist who is not part of the Pentagon's embedding program. Like the Christian Science Monitor's Phil Smucker, who was expelled last week for a similar violation, Rivera arrived in Iraq without being assigned to a military unit.

Richard Hanley, an assistant professor of communications at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut who has been monitoring the war coverage, accused Rivera of "giving away operational information that could lead to the death of American servicemen. He's a cowboy. He wants to be part of the gang. He wants to get in the dirt and draw. . . . Fox should do the right thing and fire him, much as NBC fired Arnett."
I saw the report...it was a gross lack of judgement.

They shouldn't fire him...they should put him in uniform and make him stay and guard the troops whose lives he threatened. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-01-2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Lil Lil ]
Old 04-01-2003, 07:18 PM   #15
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

MSNBC is now reporting that the Fox New Network has recalled Geraldo. I don't watch much Fox, so I don't know what they are actually saying about it, but it appears they have admitted his wrong-doing.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:00 PM   #16
Charean
Hathor

Cloudy had the right of it, he is a tabloid type reporter.

The man has the judgement of a flea. The craziest part is not being in the "embedded" program. That means that any reporter who isn't is essentially a loaded cannon. What a scary thought that there are those reporters over there trying to get a scoop and not understand what they are doing.

I shake my head at Geraldo... but this is not out of character for him. Sad. He is such a twinkie.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #17
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I hear Maury Povich and Jerry Springer are planning on fighting to the death for the honor of replacing Geraldo. [img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 06:24 PM   #18
Mordenheim
Elminster

Well at least he served his time for his country. A lot more then most journalist can say. Granted it was the navy but maybe they had a secret ninja unit [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:40 PM   #19
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I hear Maury Povich and Jerry Springer are planning on fighting to the death for the honor of replacing Geraldo. [img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]
LOADED POST! LOADED POST!

Mordenheim,
LMAO