Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 01:33 AM   #11
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Nah no problems Dave it happens to the best of us. When you play BG2 + ToB for that long it kinda makes it hard to remember whats a spoiler and what isn't a spoiler.

Sure what Xen said was a spoiler but it wan't a game breaking spoiler like saying the final boss is Ronald McDonald on Acid LOL

OPPS did I say that out loud ? HEHEHEHE

[ 10-25-2004, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 10-25-2004, 02:46 AM   #12
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
FFFFFF">~snip~
THANKS FOR THE BLOODY SPOIL, XEN.

I'm only slightly miffed... did you NOT read the title, or the first post? If you had, you might've realised that I have NEVER played TOB before... and HAD no clue what it was about.

Oh well. Please just be more careful. You may not think that it was really a spoiler, but, well.... it seems like you just blew the whole plot.

[/QUOTE]All that he told you, you learn in the first 5 minutes of play. It is by no means the whole plot.
As for how long TOB is, I would agree with SixofSpades: about a quarter, maybe a half, the length of SOA. The story is nowhere near as rich as it could have been, though, and quite a way from SOA's...

[ 10-25-2004, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #13
whathuh
The Magister

ToB is big when you compare it to TotSC. Watcher's Keep is annoyingly big and represents a fourth of all of TOB, while I think Durlag's Tower was about half of TotSC(in terms of difficulty and time it took to complete).

In terms of speed to do everything in SoA and ToB, ToB will take much less time as each city has maybe three or four side quests, none of which take much time, but if you streamline it, SoA can go just as fast if not faster than ToB. If you play on insane difficulty, you may have to reload more than you did in SoA since there are more high level fights, adding to the total game length. You can complete ToB in about 5 game days if you don't rest and use a few tricks, but odds are you won't be doing that.
Also, after you finish ToB for a few times, I suggest you try out Ascension. It makes it harder but allows greater role-playing abilities.
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #14
Hopeless Necromantic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In terms of actual play time, I would say it's 10-15 hours if you do everything and talk to everybody, as well as leave WK alone until you finish SoA. Of course if you have an uber party, thinking up tactics for the many huge battles may not be necessary and would shave an hour or two off the play time.
Hopeless Necromantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:01 PM   #15
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
K Timbo. Sorry for blowing up. Gah... gotta learn to restrain myself

I just was having a bit of trouble with BG2 and was frustrated. Sorry if I offended Xen.
No you didn't offend me. Becuase my spoiler wasn't really that big IMO. Some forum members also think so wich is the proof. Thanks guys for backing me up. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote