Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 11:32 PM   #131
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Woo hoo!

What probably happend was that some one was logging in or logging out as you were trying to rest.

This for some reason interupts your rest causeing you to not memorise your spells.

I had some one come in and out of the mod a few times last week and it kept interupting my rest in Trollbark.

[ 10-06-2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 10-07-2004, 07:00 AM   #132
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, TDC...you're a fountain of really good info! I do think that's what happened because most of my spells stayed grayed out which was odd.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:20 AM   #133
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Thats what im hear for Cloudy!

I spend alot of time on the Bioware forums so I see ALOT of the issues that come up.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:47 PM   #134
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

1) All Roddy's spells showing as 'invisility' in the text information window. (eg. Battle text would read after a cloudkill: Roddy cast's invisibility. Kobold - fortitude save fail etc)

2) Skullport South District. Roddy was pushed back into the door area (the entrance to the south quarter door) fighting and then turned completely invisible. The map showed him in the open, the henchman bar said he was in the area but I couldn't issue commands. The Xanather guild were attacking what looked like thin air, and he was described in the battle text as 'someone'. Most amusing!

I think both of those might be game engine bugs rather than Undermountain ones, but hey, I'll put them in anyway.

Edit:

One thing that might well be an Undermountain bug is the new Kraken society quest in Skullport. After entering the South Quarter, it's always the Kraken society members that are hostile and the Xanather thieves that are neutral. Yet once the fighting begins, the Xanather lot turn on me as well.

Is this supposed to be a betrayal by the Kraken society, or is this a bug? It is possible someone else has made them hostile to PC's, but it's now happened both times I've tried that quest...

[ 10-14-2004, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 10-14-2004, 06:20 PM   #135
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

When Nachtrafe and I were in that area, neither side bothered with me, but at least one and then both were attacking him.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #136
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey guys,

Thanks for reporting those bugs. I've already reported them to Ziroc and we think its due to the 1.64 update messing with the factions controls. I know Z is alreay looking into a fix.

There is also an issue with factions down on level 7 with the Xanather high wizard attacking some of his own men.

Thanks for the bug report guys!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #137
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Heh, don't fix that one! That end of level group is tough enough as it is [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2004, 07:29 PM   #138
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah those wizards can be a pain in the arse eh ?

If you think they are bad the WORSE wizard in all of undermoutain at the moment is the High Wizard of the Dragon on level 12.

Man he can be a pain in the arse and almost impossible if you don't have a high level mage to dispel his protections.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #139
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Luckily I haven't met him yet, and starting with my new character should delay the inevitable for a while

One more thing, although not sure whether this classes as a bug:

My first character in Undermountain apparently has reached maximum level at around 26... This is what it says in the summary screen when you select the character you want to play with. (where it says current xp = , next level = i get maximum level instead of an XP score). I haven't had a chance to play long enough with him to reach a level-up point, but any ideas?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #140
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Shamrock,

Its not really a bug, more of an engine limitation.

For some reason on most servers this is the case where at the character selection screen your shown as reaching maxmimum level. Once your in the game if you check your character profile it will tell you how close you are to the next level.

In Undermountain you can get upto the Bioware limit of Character level 40.

Cheers!