Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2002, 01:58 PM   #41
Evergreene
The Magister

Running a relatively new Compaq Presario 5000 series, (512MB)P-4

I have NEVER had any problems with games b4, and run Everquest Shadow of Luclin (supposedly very hard to run) with all the Models installed, without a hint of lag-
I get no lag/packet loss or "ping" with Multiplayer NWN.. but in both MP and solo NWN after i QUIT game, the system locks up!
screen turns BLACK.. and nothing happens. Mouse frozen, Cntrl-Alt-Del does nada, and the "Instant-Windows" button on keyboard does nada! i cant even turn off the system!! i have to literally UNPLUG the machine *horrors*
Evergreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #42
Nostron
Manshoon

Well at least all of you guys have been able to play a little. i can't even get pass the black box with the eye in the middle.
right after i click on play... the big black box shows up for a couple of seconds then disappears. COMPLETELY!!! i even pressed alt delete to see if the program is running and it's not.
i downloaded the latest driver for my vid card (tnt 2 32meg.. yeah kinda old but no money to upgrade )
So yeah any help or advice would be appreciated... i want to play!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2002, 12:15 AM   #43
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
Well at least all of you guys have been able to play a little. i can't even get pass the black box with the eye in the middle.
right after i click on play... the big black box shows up for a couple of seconds then disappears. COMPLETELY!!! i even pressed alt delete to see if the program is running and it's not.
i downloaded the latest driver for my vid card (tnt 2 32meg.. yeah kinda old but no money to upgrade )
So when you press ALTDEL, nwmain isnt on the list?

My computer does this every so often, after I reboot. I just let it sit for a while and the game eventually starts. Longest it took was 15 min, but its usually a few minutes. NWN isnt the only program that has done this, but NWN does it way more frequently.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:11 AM   #44
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
There are a special patch for the Logitech mice on Logitechs homepage. Download it, zip it up and run it. After that it should work out some flaws with the scroll wheel in games.

Oki, I can´t find it now since they have changed their webpage.. :S

Haha found it!
Thank you! Now to email that link to myself so I can DL it's massive 29MB self at the office where we have a fast connection. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kat
Old 07-02-2002, 03:20 AM   #45
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The little file is only a couple of kb´s. The main driver is bigger, you might not need that unless you have a really old mouseware installed.. Good luck!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 07:03 AM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
How much memory do you have and what OS are you running? If you have anything less than 128MB for XP you're out of luck - XP will use at least 85% of your memory. Dry downloading the latest drivers for your video card, that might help as well.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 09:23 AM   #47
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just found another bug...if you have a potion in one of your quickslots and you try and drag that potion from your inventory into another quickslot (for example if you wanted to rearrange your quickbar) make sure you don't double click on the potion already in your quickbar, because the game will hang and you will have to unplug your PC to switch it off.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 02:47 PM   #48
Zidane
Manshoon

I have had a weird one

I did a couple of districts in the Core, and decided I would start again, you know, as you do and saved my character.

I started my new game with my level 4 Ranger level 1 cleric and started to work my way through from chapter 1 again.

On my journal it still had half a quest left from earlier game, I had left a couple of letters etc in my inventory.

Didn't think much of it until I came to the area where that quest took place and each time I tried to get into several doorways, to try and further the plot, get keys etc. I got the door icon, but she (Lady Anastasia Zidane) my character, wouldn't go through the door. Now I am stuck again because I need a special key and I cannot get into the bloody place where I think it should be. Now I cannot actually enter the big aqueduct gate from the docks entrance. Help.

I am one of those players who has to do every quest that is possible, look in every single barrel etc and this is really annoying me.

I am now a level 5 ranger level 3 cleric and I am worried if I try to start to game again with my new save character(after stripping myself of every single quest document) I will level out before I come to the end of the game.

I am thinking of risking it, but I don't know if I will come across the same problem again.

Or if anyone knows a workaround.....???

Cheers

Lady Zidane

I am about to try again...sigh, but I will wait a while in case any of you can help
Old 07-04-2002, 08:40 PM   #49
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Zidane, have you tried dumping the letters. etc, and going back to the Temple?

Also, I am officially reporting that bug when you fight the Intellect Devourer. When I reimported my character and started the game again, he popped right up when I killed the Gaoler. So, there definitely was a bug the first time around. Sorry, no work-arounds.
Old 07-05-2002, 02:39 AM   #50
Zidane
Manshoon

I have started again with my saved character

When I woke up in the training academy I made sure there was absolutely nothing in my journal. It was blank, apart from the first thing I had to do.

I HAD to start again as when I was in the Beggars Nest, and I went to the strange house, I was allowed entry, but when I tried to get in that door, she did the same thing, it is as if it doesnt trigger the load to next screen.

The door opens, I get the purply blue light that says I can proceed, but she just stops in front of the opening, will not go through that door.

I checked the other doors (three of them) in the docks district that I couldn't get in and still the same.

This strange house is a the important part of the plot so I am buggered.

I am going to make a detailed report to Bioware and Infogrames.

Hell I even reinstalled the game, just keeping my saved character.

I am just starting in chapter 1 again now, after speeding through the temple.

I just hope it was a corrupt save game and nothing else.

Lady Zidane