Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-28-2002, 04:43 PM   #31
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Anyone have any luck getting NWN to run under Win98 with a voodoo5 5500???

I've get plenty of ram (512 megs) and processor is plenty fast but I can't select any other gender beside male or any race beside human.

*sigh*

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #32
ratchild
Manshoon

Hmmm.... not sure about it working on a Voodoo card. Also, make sure you have the latest version of win98, to be sure it can properly utilise your RAM. Early versions could not utilize more than 256 properly, and in some cases having more would actually degrade performance.
Old 06-28-2002, 06:04 PM   #33
Micah Foehammer

According to infogrames tech support, it WON'T run on a voodoo5 card or anything voodoo card for that matter. The voodoo cards (even the NEWEST ones) are NOT opengl 1.2 compliant.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 06-28-2002, 10:46 PM   #34
MagiK

I found a work around for the broken Animal Companion summmon icon in the radial menue. I cannot summon him from the radial, but if I right click a quick slot and put the summon animal companion Icon there, it works.....so in short...radial menu NO, Quick slot..YES!
Old 06-29-2002, 01:08 AM   #35
Micah Foehammer

Workaround for the voodoo 5:

This won't solve ALL the problems (like opening movies NOT playing) but it did solve a BUNCH of problems.

Go to your nwn.ini file
Scroll down until you find a line that says:

Enable HardwareMouse=1

Change this to

Enable HardwareMouse=0

Save the .ini file. VOILA!!! The disappearing mouse icon now reappears and you should be able to create a character and play. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2002, 03:10 AM   #36
Djinn Raffo
Ra

hehe...one thing that happened to me which was not a bug but was very annoying...

I got a little to close to a door that was permanently locked and i spun the camera around 180 degrees zoomed out so i was obscured by the building...when i spun back i was inside the locked door and i couldnt get back out and their was nothing back there...i had to reload!
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 08:18 AM   #37
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

I have a problem with my logitech optical mouse. The scroll wheel does not function in the game when I scroll. If I click the scroll wheel down to move the camera, the NWN session minimizes. I've not seen a solution for this anywhere. Is anyone else experiencing it?

I even updated my logitech drivers and still get the issue.

Kat
Old 06-30-2002, 12:15 PM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just bumping this up.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 01:07 PM   #39
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't know whether this is a bug but sometimes when I'm playing the game, the computer will suddenly reboot itself.

I got the same problem too with morrowind. strange though it never happen to me on other games, only these two I see.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 01:28 PM   #40
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
I have a problem with my logitech optical mouse. The scroll wheel does not function in the game when I scroll. If I click the scroll wheel down to move the camera, the NWN session minimizes. I've not seen a solution for this anywhere. Is anyone else experiencing it?

I even updated my logitech drivers and still get the issue.

Kat
There are a special patch for the Logitech mice on Logitechs homepage. Download it, zip it up and run it. After that it should work out some flaws with the scroll wheel in games.

Oki, I can´t find it now since they have changed their webpage.. :S

Haha found it!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...4&languageid=1

It should lead to a webapge with a registry patch for mice and gamers!
Mouse Registry File for GAMERS, is the name for it. Look for it under any downloadable mice drivers!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote