Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-09-2004, 11:53 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Like when you go out to eat, do you tip the waiter/waitress? And if you do, do you tip enough you think? Personally, I always overtip, because most of the places I go I intend to visit often, and the last people I want to piss off are people serving me food LOL. But that's just me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ran into this site, it's a site for waiters and waitresses to put in their customer experiences, and bitch about certain people's tips LOL. I truly feel for them after reading some of the stuff on this site (haven't read everything yet). Some stories are really hilarious LOL, so just thought to share:

http://www.bitterwaitress.com/

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-10-2004, 12:09 AM   #2
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Uh, don't you HAVE to tip? Maybe not... I always tip. Probably too much...
Old 10-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
Gxc
Elminster

Ive forgoten to tip before I felt bad.. But usually i do and im with friends so we all put in a couple dollars which adds up.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

No you don't necessarily HAVE to tip in some places, there is no law re that far as I know. Of course that is the way of tips, it is an individual decision. *shrug* Best to do so though I say, if you can afford it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-10-2004, 12:33 AM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Of course. Partly because it could just as easily be me waiting tables... and partly because my dearest friend and I walk into "our" diner, are seated quickly, and are given a pot of coffee within thirty seconds. We don't even have to ask.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:42 AM   #6
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Not many people tip waiters or waitresses in Australia, it seems to be pretty rare here.
But no I don't tip waiters or waitresses, neither does my parents... we figure, the waiter and waitresses are already getting paid for their work, so what is the point of giving them more money?
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 10-10-2004, 12:45 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I do - mostly when I am in a country like the UK or US where it is pretty much expected. At home, where the service charge is basically in the bill already to cover the higher wage parity of the service staff then I usually only do it if I feel the service really deserves something because they went the extra step.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:01 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Tips are also popular here. We tip for also one reason: waiters and waitresses here are severely underpaid. They *need* it so to speak...
Old 10-10-2004, 01:05 AM   #9
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Barring exceptional service, I dont tip at all. AFAIK waiters and waitresses (where I consume at any rate) are not underpaid.

Im tight, so sue me.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #10
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I tip if I'm out with older highschool friends and we decide to go to a diner or something. Especially the ones here in town because a lot of the highschoolers I know work at diners or something.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi