Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2001, 11:06 PM   #11
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Shadow watches the interplay with mild amusement. "umm err, no, of course I didn't!" said Aris. "Uh huh, I believe you," said the proprietess. "Likely you got yourself liquered up again and couldn't tell the future from a hole in the ground." The two continued to glare at one another in silence, neither giving an inch. "Perhaps I can be of assistance?" the ranger asked. "suppose you tell me the situation, and maybe I can come up with a solution to satisfy both of you."

OOC: what do the spyglasses do exactly?

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 11-02-2001, 12:35 AM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To Shadow:

The saggy man looked at you up and down suspiciously, examed your sheathed weapons then bluffed:

"bah, what are those weapons? butterknife? hah..."

Sensing no one was laughing, the man realized it was probally not a good thing to put a stranger as the butt of joke. He coughed, trying to break from the embarressment

"Well, you heard us, didn't you? I am Aristotle the Greatest Seer, Bringer of Fortune, Lady Tymora's Agent, Foreteller of Armonggaden, One Who Foreseen King Joeri's Death, One Who..."

"Oh, get to the point, Aris" the old lady said, to save you some trouble

You gave her an appreciating smile

"So, anyways, just know that you don't want to cross me, because I heh, you got the picture. Look, she sold me this cheap-crappy piece of junk called spyglass, which I need for Astrological studies, yep, for my GREAT study of future-telling. And she!" He pointed an accusing finger to Maggie the Alchemist "cheated on me! and sold me a BROKEN one! Now I demand to have everything I paid AND one hundred silver pieces for all the troubl it got me into! don't I have a say on this??!" He intentionally raised his voice to draw everyone's attention. Several patrons mumbled "yes" "yeah" "ahem" in the background.

Maggie shook her head in disgust: "You probally broke it yourself, why? it was fine when it left my shop. Aris Aris, have you tried to fix it?"

OOC: just choose your reactions, don't assign responds for NPCs. (small ones are fine, but decisions of NPCs are better left to me)

eg: you can do
You slapped Aris cross his face
Aris's eyes widened in shock

that is acceptable, but will he attack you? or bite off and leave? I'll tell ya thx

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 01:12 AM   #13
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

OOC: Good!!! I was hoping you'd tell me lol. That message that said feel free to solve this had me thinking you wanted me to write down the whole tale, and I had no idea how you might want me to do it lol.

IC: "Well it seems like the first thing to do is to determine if it is really broken or not. If you'll tell me what it is supposed to do Maggie I'll see if it works. Then we can go from there. And no need to get upset Aris, you're the one who said it was broken, I'm just making sure."
Old 11-02-2001, 01:20 AM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The man seemed to be offended by your comments, he gasped in respond "no NEED to get upset? WHAT??!! oh you the goodie-goodie peacemaker here, aren't ya? I tell you where you come from, you savage blood drinking barbarian..." He paused and looked at you again, your outfit doesnt really fit the description, but he continued nontheless.

"Well, I, the GREATEST seer of ALL time had been chasen THREE blocks!" He showed you three fingers, indicating the serious natural of such event "THREE! you hear me? THREE!! of course no need to get upset, life is TOO easy for you, nobrainers! Just why would I let ya touch it?? huh? you might break it even more!! What makes you think you can solve this while I, the GREATEST fortune teller cannot? You better give me darn good reason that I can trust your brain!"
Old 11-02-2001, 01:49 AM   #15
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Shadow considers a moment while considering the man closely. "Well, I do have a flask of fine Dervish brandy in my pack. I've always wished to have a look at a spy glass like the really smart people use," he said wide-eyed. "I'd trade you the brandy for a chance to look through the glasses!"
Old 11-02-2001, 01:58 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The old man seemed to be electrified at the mention of the fine liqor. He locked his thin eyebrows tightly, appeared to be doing some calculations, then slowly shook his head

"Nah, nah nah, one hundred silver pieces can fill my mugs till next month, why'd I settle for a less score? nah nah nah, not gonna do that"

Maggie frowned "SO, this IS about filling your mugs?"

Aris issued a low grunt: "Oh be quiet, woman! I am talking to a fine gentleman here!"

Old 11-02-2001, 02:04 AM   #17
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Shadow's ability to detect the nature of beings was telling him what his mind concurred with. This man, while not truly evil, was a con man and would do anything for a buck. "I see. So, you don't want me to check the glasses because then I would find that you are trying to scam this fine lady out of her well earned silver. I'll make you another proposition. Sit the glasses on the table and back off now or I may become angry." Shadow willed his armor to pulse bright red, then blend with the surroundings, so he almost appeared to be a floating head. "And being a seer, I think you can see where you'll wind up after making me angry," he said threateningly. He hoped the bluff would work, he wouldn't actually kill the man in any case.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:12 AM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: tsk tsk tsk... ranger, haven't you noticed that Maggie and Aris know each other?

Aris looked at you in confusion, then stepped back once. He grabbed his spyglasses tightly, then yelled: "I AM NOT GOING TO BACK DOWN! you outsiders better be knowing who you are DEALING WITH!!"

Maggie, fearing the situation getting out of hand, scowled you: "hey, stranger. I don't know who you are, but this scumbag here is my old customer. I am not taking any of this in my shop. The guards are just outside!"

Old 11-02-2001, 02:21 AM   #19
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Shadow apologizes to maggie and tells her of course he wouldn't actually do something like that. He then addresses Aris again. "So, Aris, you are a great fortune teller, no? Adept at reading the future? Yes, I thought so, one of the greatest, no doubt. So tell me then, why is it that you didn't foresee that this glass wouldn't work, and that you'd be chased? It seems to me you could have easily avoided a 3 block run, being such a wise and powerful seer."
Old 11-02-2001, 02:31 AM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The saggy man was startled for a moment, his jaw hang open. Scratching his head, he looked at you anxieously

"ahhh..." Then suddenly something made clear to him, he ran to your side, pulled you down to his head level, and whispered beside your ear:

"HEY! quiet your troublesome tongue there! quiet, quiet!" He looked around, hoping no one paid attention. Fortunately, only few people were interested enough to stay and watch the whole scene, many had left.

The saggy man cleared his throat and released you, **cough** "can we talk about this in private?" He turned to Maggie "woman, I WILL be back, don't you think I will let you get away this easy!"

Maggie chuclked softly in return