Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 06:24 PM   #11
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
The little I reveal of myself here at IW is the real me. IW is not a RPG after all.
Heh. Well when you post a lot you reveal a lot even without intending to. Guess you haven't posted enough or long enough posts or on serious enough threads if you haven't revealed much of yourself [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Haven't you noticed that most of my posts are short and to the point. That's because I want to leave my 'aura of mystery' intact.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:28 PM   #12
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
In here I'm more tolerable(me tolerating others, not others tolerating me). But it's the same man, all in all.
Sorry to correct you but it's "tolerant"

[/QUOTE]That's the word I've been looking for!

OK, next.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:32 PM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
it is a little bit, but it is also very scary, lol, I mean face it, if you are afraid of people, talking to them can be hard, and it makes it worse, when yo uhave people who are mean( not in IW) that are always threatening you, and saying things like, they are gonna kill you, it really makes it worse
Woah! Can't say I've ever had anyone threaten to kill me! Can't really imagine what it's like for you, but it sounds bad Talking to people, even if it's online, helps.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-18-2003, 06:34 PM   #14
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
quote:
In here I'm more tolerable(me tolerating others, not others tolerating me). But it's the same man, all in all.
[/QUOTE]Uh-huh. You're not sorry at all [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well I think I'm pretty much the same here as offline. I actually have no idea how I'm perceived by people here but I don't put on an act or pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm quite a shy person in real life and I tend to lack confidence, and I feel those things here as well. I don't get into controversial discussions in real life even though I have quite strong opinions on many issues, because I don't like conflict, which is the same online as well. I think I'm a bit funnier in real life, partly because my style of humour doesn't really translate to message board-type posting, and partly because my brother and I, and my friends and I, have 'in-jokes' that of course people here wouldn't get.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:39 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
quote:
[/QUOTE]Uh-huh. You're not sorry at all [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well I think I'm pretty much the same here as offline. I actually have no idea how I'm perceived by people here but I don't put on an act or pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm quite a shy person in real life and I tend to lack confidence, and I feel those things here as well. I don't get into controversial discussions in real life even though I have quite strong opinions on many issues, because I don't like conflict, which is the same online as well. I think I'm a bit funnier in real life, partly because my style of humour doesn't really translate to message board-type posting, and partly because my brother and I, and my friends and I, have 'in-jokes' that of course people here wouldn't get.
[/QUOTE]You sound a bit similar to me, except for the being shy part. I don't like conflict in real life situations either. And of course eveyrone has "in-jokes" which are hilarious to you and your mates and you wish others could laugh as well but they won't get it.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:43 PM   #16
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Well, I'm much more controlled, and much less rude on here for one thing....
Old 09-18-2003, 06:45 PM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Well, I'm much more controlled, and much less rude on here for one thing....
The exact opposite to me! Interesting.... heh
Old 09-18-2003, 06:52 PM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Can't remember if this has been done, but if it has, not for a while so whatever...

Do you convey your real character when writing on here or are you a completely different person in real life? This is an important question I think. I think I'm a lot more honest on here. I say what I think a lot more than I do in real life - which is a good thing. In real life I have to keep quiet a lot cos I usually have strong opinions that often oppose other people's. I tend to voice it on here and not worry too much if people get pissed off. In real life I'm also a lot nicer than I am on here. You probably wouldn't believe me if you met me and I told you I was Vaskez on here . I don't have the heart to not be my nicest to people when I can see their face whereas on here everyone thinks I'm a grouchy bastard.

What about you lot?
I'm pretty much the same person.. See, some people think they can smart off or be mean to people because they are sitting at their PC. 99% of people that are punks (as seen on most ANY Newsgroup these days) they would NEVER say that to someone in person, because they (I) would kick the shit out of them.

There is only so much you can convey via typing, IMO. It never brings across the 100% true 'you'. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-18-2003, 06:56 PM   #19
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
There is only so much you can convey via typing, IMO. It never brings across the 100% true 'you'. [img]smile.gif[/img]
That's what I'm thinking too...
Old 09-18-2003, 07:01 PM   #20
GForce

unfortunately, i am what you read here. i won't mouth off (even if i really wanted to; let my anger out on the punching bags). why? i believe in respecting others and there house rules. though i'm not perfect especially in my younger days. i have stayed away from the Gamefaqs forum because people there are so immature and annoying. i like it here at IW eventhough I don't post as much as others. I just like to read on my breaktime at work like right now. and contribute when i feel like it. man! you people here make me laugh. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]