Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-04-2002, 06:16 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

If you've seen this before, "please excuse the ring", but I just got it today and thought it was worth sharing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Little David comes home from first grade and tells his father that they learned about the history of Valentine's Day. "Since
Valentine's Day is for a Christian saint and we're Jewish," he asks, "will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"

David's father thinks a bit, then says "No, I don't think God would get mad.

Who do you want to give a valentine to?" "Osama Bin Laden," David says.

"Why Osama Bin Laden," his father asks in shock.

"Well," David says, "I thought that if a little American Jewish boy could have enough love to give Osama a valentine, he might start to think that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little bit.

And if other kids saw what I did and sent valentines to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And then he'd start going all over the place to tell everyone how much he loved them and how he didn't hate anyone anymore."

His father's heart swells and he looks at his boy with newfound pride. "David, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."

"I know," David says, "and once that gets him out in the open, the Marines could blow the sh*t out of him."

I actually thought this was going to be a sweet story when I read it
Old 02-04-2002, 06:21 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

LOL Ronn, it had me going too! What a good kid!
Old 02-04-2002, 06:24 PM   #3
Thoran
Galvatron

sounds like a South Park skit [img]smile.gif[/img]

> OH MY GOD, THEY KILLED BIN LADEN...
- YOU BA$TARD!

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Thoran ]

Old 02-04-2002, 06:40 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, I loved it. Had me going, too.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:23 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL had me going too. Awww, such a sweet story, then.. jaw drops!
Hey is this a real story or just a fictional joke? Just curious!?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-04-2002, 07:45 PM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Reminds me of a true story from back in the Gulf War. A friend of mine heard on TV that parents should talk to their children and allay any fears they might have about not being safe, etc. Being a conciencous parent, she had her husband go in and talk to their 10-year old. "Tom," he said, "do you have any questions about the war?"
"Yeah," his son replied, "why aren't they using Titans?"
Puzzled, he said, "But Tom, those are multi-warhead thermonuclear weapons. If we should use those, Bagdhad would be converted to a sheet of radioactive glass, and all the people would be killed."
The boy shrugged. "So? Short war." They didn't worry much more about his fears.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-04-2002, 08:00 PM   #7
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

That was beautiful. Innocent wide-eyed little boy saying "And then they can beat the shit out of him!" Wonder if daddy's heart swelled any more after that.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
Durwyn
Elminster

ROFL, nice story, gave me a fair laugh . Thats one little smart boy.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:19 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL had me going too. Awww, such a sweet story, then.. jaw drops!
Hey is this a real story or just a fictional joke? Just curious!?

Completely fictional, but hilarious
Old 02-04-2002, 11:43 PM   #10
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I didnt like it. I guess its because I'm one of those people who promotes World Peace.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas