Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 07:58 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I get "You actually TALK to people on the internet"??? Sheesh, you need a life! As if I'm not talking to REAL people on the internet, and instead talking to a bunch of computer androids or something!??

Also, "People on the internet are just a bunch of losers and scary freaks!". Gee thanks. Guess I'm a loser scary freak then eh? Like talking to YOU is more appropriate?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-28-2001, 08:05 PM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I get "You actually TALK to people on the internet"??? Sheesh, you need a life! As if I'm not talking to REAL people on the internet, and instead talking to a bunch of computer androids or something!??

Also, "People on the internet are just a bunch of losers and scary freaks!". Gee thanks. Guess I'm a loser scary freak then eh? Like talking to YOU is more appropriate?

LOL LOL LOL

Wendy, you ACTUALLY talk to ppl on internet AND post at a forum?? geesh, you must be a loser then... like myself
Old 11-28-2001, 08:12 PM   #13
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

"If you play rpgs you need to get a life"? I play *because* I have a life!!! R/l is stressful, gotta play by other people's rules all the time. I don't think so

When I tell ppl I'm a writer, they say "yeah, but what do you *do*?" When I tell people that I work at home (homeschool two kids, have a small business, and last but definitely not least, the dreaded *housework*), they say "oh, so you don't do anything". !!!!!!!! Are these ppl freaking idiots?!?!? There was a time when being a chatelaine was an honorable profession!

Those individuals who make viruses have *way* too much time on their hands! And those other who have nothing better to do than comment on what I do with my time---well, they need to get a life!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:14 PM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

LOL

it is funny, but none of you guys give me a definition of what you meant by "life"
Old 11-28-2001, 08:20 PM   #15
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Oh, you want us to wax poetic on the meaning of our existance? Or would you rather we discuss the philosophy of non-existance?
Old 11-28-2001, 08:23 PM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
Oh, you want us to wax poetic on the meaning of our existance? Or would you rather we discuss the philosophy of non-existance?

mom! you missed my point! when someone tells you to get a life for you doing something, you can easily tell that person to get a life for NOT doing the things you do. well, so do both parties mean the same "life"?

thats what I meant by "what does it mean by 'life' "
Old 11-28-2001, 08:33 PM   #17
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
i think it's actually a code:
if a=1 b=2 etc... then "get a life" = 7 5 20 1 12 9 6 5
then if a=26 b=25 etc...then you get "tvg z oruv"
if we then rearrange these letters it spells "got vurvs"
(Vurvs being Tuvaluvan for "really bad body odour" of course)
So when you tell someone to "get a life" all you are asking them to do is to take a shower.

The best numerical answer I've seen to any post...lol.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:38 PM   #18
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What does it mean to "get a life"?

It means that you are indulging in some type of pastime that the speaker finds completely boring, offensive, destructive, or {insert appropriate derogatory adjective}.

It's a rather rude way to say "I don't like what you're doing". Instead of just stating that fact straight out, the speaker tries to add insult to injury by implying that - by indulging in this activity - the participant's activity is not "socially acceptable" or productive....therefore the participant is an inferior member of their society.

Art, novels, RPG's, or even computer viruses are entertaining to the person doing them - but not to others. Those that find these activities offensive or frivolous (myself included) then use this phrase to indicate that the person is not using their time as wisely or productively as they could.

HAH! Who says barbarians aren't intelligent?
Old 11-29-2001, 03:28 AM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hmm well, getting a life, it's not so bad for us!!!

we have a life, it just so happens that internet is part of what we live inn or what we work on... i mean it isn't avoidable if you are a webmaster like Ziroc? geez, and they say that peeps here suck and are geeky, screw them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

well, in my term with my friend who like surfs the internet also, we say, "get a RL life"... i mean, those gimmicks, birhtday parties, malls, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img] too bad i have little of those...
Old 11-29-2001, 03:51 AM   #20
Vampire

alright 250

behind all your ridicule there are shreads of fact.
but it's not conclusive....

afterall life and happiness is in the view of the beholder and who cares what others think as long as you are happy, then you live like the gods in the land of luxury