Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2001, 04:25 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

IQ Test

Intelligence Test Instructions:
Write each of your answers down, it makes a difference! You will be allowed 10 minutes to complete the test. Write your answers in the spaces provided. Are you ready? What is the time?

Start.

1) Some months have 30 days,some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? ____________________
2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken? ____________________

3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm? ____________________

4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?____________________

5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left? ___________________

6) If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first? ____________________

7) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? ____________________

8) Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have? ___________________

9) How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark? ____________________

10) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburg to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, what's the name of the driver? ____________________

Answers in the following article - no cheating now! GOOD LUCK!

Answers: 1) All of them. Every month has at least 28 days.
2) 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o'clock,then another at 1.30 and the last at 2 o'clock,they will be taken in 1 hour.
3) 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate between a.m. and p.m.
4) 70. Dividing by half is the same as multiplying by 2.
5) 9 live sheep.
6) The match.
7) White. If all walls face south, the house must be on the North Pole.
8) 2 apples. I HAVE 3 APPLES, YOU TAKE 2, WHAT DO YOU HAVE?
9) None. It was Noah, not Moses.
10) YOU are the driver.

Grading Scale (out of 10)
8+: Engineer
7: Student
6: High school pupil
5: Primary school pupil
4: Teacher
3: College lecturer
2: University lecturer
1: Member of Congress

Old 09-21-2001, 04:50 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Clinton -vs- Titanic

Similarities between the Titanic video and the Clinton grand jury testimony video:
Titanic: $9.99 on the Internet
Clinton: $9.99 on the Internet

Titanic: over 3 hours long
Clinton: over 3 hours long

Titanic: The story of Jack and Rose, their forbidden love, a subsequent catastrophe
Clinton: The story of Bill and Monica, their forbidden love, a subsequent catastrophe

Titanic: villain - White Star Line
Clinton: villain - Ken Starr

Titanic: Jack is a starving artist
Clinton: Bill is a B.S. artist

Titanic: In one part, Jack enjoys a good cigar
Clinton: Ditto for Bill

Titanic: During ordeal, Rose's dress gets ruined
Clinton: Ditto for Monica

Titanic: Jack teaches Rose to spit
Clinton: Let's not go there

Titanic: Rose gets to keep her jewelry
Clinton: Monica forced to return her gifts

Titanic: Behind the scenes, Leonardo DiCaprio is wildly popular
Clinton: Behind the scenes, Bill has a 70% approval rating

Titanic: Jack surrenders to an icy death
Clinton: Bill goes home to Hillary

Old 09-21-2001, 04:58 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL, this "real life" engineer got caught out just the once for a score of 9. OK, well, twice possibly, but I went back and corrected my first answer after realising from the wording of the 4th question that the answers required careful study of the questions to find what was really being asked!!!

And the one that got me - I was too much of an engineer and not being properly suspicious - I wanted to light the candle first because it was easier to light the others from it, then extinguish the candle to economise so it could be re-lit after the ...... awww crap, what was I thinking (sulks).

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 05:02 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
LOL, this "real life" engineer got caught out just the once for a score of 9...

And the one that got me - I was too much of an engineer and not being properly suspicious - I wanted to light the candle first because it was easier to light the others from it, then extinguish the candle to economise so it could be re-lit after the ...... awww crap, what was I thinking (sulks).

are you on drug? did I tell you that you are not craziest person I met?

**note to self** that is why IQ test is not accurate... with all the candles and crap...

LOL, j/k
nice meeting ya, mate! why do I talk like Yorick?

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 08:09 AM   #5
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

I GOT A 2 Yahoo!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bruce The Aussie (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 08:24 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

1) Some months have 30 days,some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
All of them have 28 days.

2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
One hour.

3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
One hour.

4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
30 divided by .5 egauals 70 plus 10 equals 70.

5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left? Nine sheep alive.

6) If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
Light the match first.

7) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? White. It is a Polar Bear and the house is on the North Pole.

8) Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?
Two

9) How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?
Zero. It was Noah not Moses.

10) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburg to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, what's the name of the driver?
Ralph Kramden?

9 of 10! I totally missed that last one, I feel a little stupid!

That was fun! Thanx 250. Though it is too darn early in the morning to twist my brain like this!

Mark
Old 09-21-2001, 08:41 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

1) Some months have 30 days,some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
----ONE?

2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
----1 and a half hours?

3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
----13?

4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
----25?

5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?
----8?

6) If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
----the match, then the candle

7) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?
----brown?

8) Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?
----2?

9) How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?
----It was Noah dolt.

10) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburg to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, what's the name of the driver?
-----umm... i have no idea...

------------------

You guys heard Chiharumut, whattabout Ba[H]eartamut???
Old 09-21-2001, 08:44 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Oh ma gawd... I a really did fail math last semester...

Well, anyway, first, I don't give a rat's ass, coz its math, and second, it won't really count in the lesson of life...

But that was cool 250... you made me feel soooo bad about myself and math...

------------------

You guys heard Chiharumut, whattabout Ba[H]eartamut???
Old 09-21-2001, 11:12 AM   #9
Vampire

here's one:

If a plane crashes EXACTLY and I mean EXACTY!!!! on the border between two countries: Spain and Portugal where do they bury the survivors??? In SPAIN or PORTUGAL???

A tractor has to harvest crops in a equilateral triangle! It takes 2 hours to do one side, another 2 hours to do the 2nd, but takes 120min to do the third!
Same speed, no slopes, why?

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 11:25 AM   #10
MagiK

10 of 10 here....but to be honest I had this test or one very similar to it about 25 years ago

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.