Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 11:38 AM   #131
Lord Shield

The 2 barmaids will be with me. Jaheira won't start for a little while. In the meantime, Black Assassin and Tiddles and the Nisruu will keep the place running (and, of course, the cook)

Old 05-18-2001, 12:15 PM   #132
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Uh...what happened?

Did someone try Time Stop? I was just standing here trying to buy drinks. Next thing I know, everyone's gone shopping. Pity there's still someone watching the bar...

Old 05-18-2001, 12:37 PM   #133
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Azure watches the bar closely knowing if there is any trouble he has others to call upon to do the dirty work for him. But a sharp glance and a hand on his dagger makes some customers helping themsleves to a free beer put an end to their trouble making.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-18-2001, 12:48 PM   #134
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I do hope that that wasn't a comment directed at me. You're sullying the good name of theives everywhere, even suggesting I might steal something. And I don't respond well to threats (I run away!)
Old 05-18-2001, 12:53 PM   #135
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
I do hope that that wasn't a comment directed at me. You're sullying the good name of theives everywhere, even suggesting I might steal something. And I don't respond well to threats (I run away!)
Take it any way you want but thieves beware!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-18-2001, 01:00 PM   #136
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Kivan follows Lord Shield into town.
Old 05-18-2001, 02:03 PM   #137
Killer
Banned User

i am whith kivan and the outheres let the crange bigin!

death is the way of life Killer
Old 05-18-2001, 02:08 PM   #138
Killer
Banned User

i mean carnage can i get some cowled wizard to play whit(translatin can i get a cownled wizard to torture in the bar?
Old 05-18-2001, 02:13 PM   #139
BladeMaster

Angel tells Caleb he is skating on thin ice with his treatment of the other women in the bar and if he does not treat them with respect Angel will kick his arse straigth into Wildspace again.

OCC
Caleb I don't care if you use the words Biscuit King and The Throne of Scone. Just as long as you don't make any reference to my thread again.

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 02:15 PM   #140
Lord Shield

Well, that shopping trip was a nice, refreshing change
Lord Shield, Mel, Sil, Gamora, Artemis, Kivan and Killer all set out. The only change at the start was that, once outside the bar, the bartender no longer looked fat and bald. He was 6'1" with dark bron hair, blue eyes and slim build. When questioned about the blue trousers he said they were "Jeans" but who Jean is nobody knows.
The first stop was at a clothes market in the Promenade. Lord Shield decided that it wouldn't be fair if the staff got spillages on their clothes, so he needed some uniforms. Maybe something formal for Black Assassin too. Nothing too revealing for the girls, either. They were staff, not showgirls.
Mel flitted around the dresses looking despondent. "There's nothing in my size". She landed, almost starting to sob. "Nonsense", said Lord Shield, "which did you like?" Mel pointed at a nice green ensemble with a leafy design, "but it's human sized". Lord Shield smiled and picked up the dress. By the time he passed it to Mel it was small enough for her to wear. "I can put slits in the back for your wings when we get back."
Somewhat happier, Mel went to the counter. Artemis was looking for something more practical but this was the wrong market for that. Nevertheless, they did have a nice hat which took her fancy (I'll leave it to Artemis to choose the design)
In Ribald's, Kivan hopped straight to Ribald. Fortunately they had some Fire Arrows in stock. Lord Shield had a look through the stock and plucked out a Ring. "I think you might want to purchase this" he said to Artemis, "it's a Ring of Regeneration - judging by past appearances, you could do with it". Artemis looked slightly put out but Lord Shield just winked. "only kidding". He put it back, but Artemis looked at the ring thoughtfully (again,
being somebody else's character I'll let her decide if she got the ring)
Killer had a look through the weapons but nothing took his fancy. All that could be heard from him wsa "crap", "crap", "pitiful", "crap" - sorry, Killer, your +10 sword is hard to beat
Next stop was a food run for storage. No real interest for the ladies there, LS bought what was needed and stored it in a Freezer bag of holding, also getting sacks of vegetables while he was at it.
There was a brief encounter with a cowled wizard who wanted to question Lord Shield about the horse shit bomb and the Minotaur package, but Killer dealt with him (and put his head on another pike - where does he get those pikes from?)
Then it was back to the bar, step over the dead wizards. LS popped to the back, asked Sil and Gamora to put the food away, and set to work on modifying Mel's ensemble and the uniforms he got for the waitresses (including the black boots and cape for Black Assassin) - yes, B.A probably already wears this, but the new material is easier to clean. Thank goodness the smell in the bar has gone too.