Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 08:04 PM   #1
Alcyone Silverblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i dont know why, but im sick of it. i just finished the windspear hills quest(i left just about everything including mage stronghold, etc etc til i got to the part where i have to go kill bodhi.. which i havent yet) and it seems almost too easy and ive stayed clear of cheats... im considering going back and getting minsc where i left him because hes entertaining but hes only at level 11 now .... anything that could put more of a challenge into the game? i dont want to go to the insane level, that would just be time consuming..
Alcyone Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 08:07 PM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Alcyone Silverblade:
i dont know why, but im sick of it. i just finished the windspear hills quest(i left just about everything including mage stronghold, etc etc til i got to the part where i have to go kill bodhi.. which i havent yet) and it seems almost too easy and ive stayed clear of cheats... im considering going back and getting minsc where i left him because hes entertaining but hes only at level 11 now .... anything that could put more of a challenge into the game? i dont want to go to the insane level, that would just be time consuming..

How exactly would adding another party member make it more challenging? More party members makes it easier by far. If you want a challenge then go to insane. What would be time consuming about that?
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 08:12 PM   #3
Alcyone Silverblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

nah, by adding minsc i meant just to be entertained by the random 'we are all heros' talk. it would be time consuming at the place im at because if it was insane, it wouldnt be very hard to kill things, it would j ust take longer. ive been on insane before, im going to try it again when i get started on the graveyard
Old 12-05-2001, 04:43 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Urm... switching to Insane Difficulty does not increase the enemies' Hp. It increases their damage dealt to you. If you want a totally insane challenge, then solo a pure Kensai, no dualclassing.

PS: Usually having a challenge means spending more time solving problems. If you want a quick game, then play easy.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 07:26 AM   #5
Manwe
Manshoon

Is soloing Sorcerer that easy? I mean i'm playing sorcerer with a full party and i think it's quite difficult.
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 07:56 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Manwe:
Is soloing Sorcerer that easy? I mean i'm playing sorcerer with a full party and i think it's quite difficult.

If you know the game inside out, and understand the spell system in the game well, then yes, soloing a Sorcerer is very easy. Soloing a Kensai->Mage is even easier though. Monks and Mages are easy too.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 08:45 PM   #7
Alcyone Silverblade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Urm... switching to Insane Difficulty does not increase the enemies' Hp. It increases their damage dealt to you. If you want a totally insane challenge, then solo a pure Kensai, no dualclassing.

PS: Usually having a challenge means spending more time solving problems. If you want a quick game, then play easy.

lol, yes youre right. i lost sight of my point =] and this is my first time around with bg 2 and i havent used a walkthrough.. i think its only really easy because i started with a party, i left them all pretty early in the game, but with the party i racked up alot of xp. . plus when im bored i just go someone where i know there will be something for me to kill. fun fun
Old 12-06-2001, 08:57 PM   #8
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Alcyone Silverblade:

lol, yes youre right. i lost sight of my point =] and this is my first time around with bg 2 and i havent used a walkthrough.. i think its only really easy because i started with a party, i left them all pretty early in the game, but with the party i racked up alot of xp. . plus when im bored i just go someone where i know there will be something for me to kill. fun fun

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I finished soloing SoA with a solo sorceress and ended up blasting everything and everyone I felt like. If a merchant had a smart comment, blast him. I didn't like the way the knights talked to me, I accidently gated a pit fiend in their headquarters. She was way too powerful by the end of the game.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote