Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2003, 03:51 AM   #1
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Hey intrepid Wizards & Warriors of Gael Serran....

In wandering around the depths of Skull Castle, I have unfortunately managed to seemingly get myself stuck within a particular part of the dungeon. Although I have previous save games to go back to if necessary, but m hoping to be able to extricate myself using the generous wisdom of the forums instead!

After getting the Dungeon Key from Gezzared'Ra and obtaining the quest for the ancient relic, I decided to first complete my map as much as possible before opening the vault door, by swimming and exploring some more around the see-saw bridge area. After hastily disposing of the two headed ogre, (I hid around a corner and used Burning haze... worked a treat!)
I went back to the see-saw bridge and this time, found the tunnel that led to the Labyrinth area, with the elevator to a room which has a closed portcullis and a brazier of some kind at its centre. I found the lock to it after awhile, in the tunnel below on the wall, but was unable to open it.

Feeling slightly disparaged, I decided to head back to the lower levels and to use the dungeon key...but to no avail!
There is no way to return to the see saw bridge area as I seem to get stuck near twisting alcove as the tunnel with water turns. I selected my smallest character, my dear pixie-priest, monk to be, Sapling, but still I am unable to get further. Perhaps its the current or a bug of some kind?

Thus, for the first time in awhile my friends of the forums, I'm at your disposal for help here! Has anyone else been stuck like this? What key opens the portcullis? Is that my only way back?

Cheers,
Cerebrodragon
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 08:10 AM   #2
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I do wonder if indeed the black lost soul of Gezzered'Ra is laughing at me as my beleaugured party roam this Kerah forsaken place. [img]smile.gif[/img]
At times I see the leering grins of faces on the walls and begin to doubt the Liche's honour, of the truth of his suffering...and whether perhaps we are mere tools to some kind of diabolical redemption for him! Ahh, how this character intrigues me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Not knowing how long it would be before I got a response to my above temporary hindrance from progress, I failed to first see a save game right outside the Liche's chamber wherein I lost a mere 20 minutes of gameplay as opposed to the 4 hours I had initially thought.

Thus, I am now cautiously wandering around the vault dungeon, mercilessly slaying vampires and doing makeshift rope bridge logic. I still haven't managed to make the long jump over to the other side of the See-Saw bridge as yet...any tips would be appreciated. I was thinking that I simply haven't attributed enough points to Athletics...or maybe I've pampered my party with too much ale.

Regardless, I shall not go near that labyrinth area again until I am certain that I can exit safely!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah yes - the tilting bridge!

When you fall off the bridge you go West where you have additional options - if you go to the North you have 2 paths. The NW path will lead to a room in which you will find a key and a back door leading to the swinging/poisoned water puzzle room (bad description, sorry). The NE path will lead you to a maze. IF I recall correctly - it will be solving this maze that will lead you to the other side of the tilting bridge and a button to stop it from tilting.

If you take the South exits you have a choice between the SW to the werewolf or the SE to the Vampires. Eventually these paths will lead you to a section of the castle which is the lower level below the entrance area.

It would have been in that area that you found a gate you could not open. To open that gate you need to visit G'Ezzered Ra - and to do that you need the key you find in the NW path from the tilting bridge.

GRa is to be found by (from the entrance) going up the stairs - opening the gate, traversing the large room with the ghosts etc., up the stairs at the back, follow the corridor until you come to stairs going down to a closed door. Use the NW key on that door and you will find G Ra!

Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:03 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Actually the key to unlock the door is found in the labyrinth itself. (At point F on Xignal's Skull Castle Map).

If you have a character capable of spirit eyeing the scene that could prove a useful aid to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2003, 11:12 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

And, I forgot to add, if you have problems getting the combination of the suspended platforms right, you should check out Radek's solution.

And as always, if some dungeon mystery bothers you, retrace Stackman's steps. The stories are also meant as walkthroughs.

[ 11-08-2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]