Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

View Poll Results: Single player?
Yes thats the thing for me 9 100.00%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

What do you guys like best single player or multiplayer? i prefer multiplayer beacsue there are many great online games out there and its hard to find any better games than Baldursgate in my opinion
Old 09-16-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

first of my polls hope it works hard to understand how to make one [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...
Old 09-16-2003, 03:29 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I like both. BG just rocks in SP and NWN in MP. But that is just me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2003, 03:49 PM   #4
Zero Alpha

youve made each option a different question. you actualy want one question, with two options. if you want to test a poll, just take it yourself
Old 09-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
youve made each option a different question. you actualy want one question, with two options. if you want to test a poll, just take it yourself
fftpic: I personally think that the sentence "if you want to test a poll, just take it yourself " sounds a little rude... but it is just me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Good question. In theory multi-player gaming is MUCH better because you get to face far superior intelligence (usually anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) than the computer can muster. Human players will exploit your weaknesses and learn from their mistakes. Current AI in computer games does not do this...although we are getting there: take the computer that beat Kasparov at chess for example - the program running on that can actually learn which at present is quite unique.
Anyway I say "in theory" multi-player is better because in practice, many times you do not have time to get into a multi-player game because it takes so long to organise to get your friends together and play through the whole game. You can't just stop and save it when you feel like it, as you can in single player. For this reason I end up still playing single player 90% of the time because I can never devote enough time in one chunk to play a multi-player game to its completion. The exception is games like Unreal T. where you can just jump in, play for 10 minutes and log off.

While we're on the topic : Anyone want a game of Heroes of Might and Magic IV at some point? Pleeeeease..... it's such a wicked game and no one to play against (except random people on gamespy which is not the same)
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-16-2003, 05:52 PM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

single
Old 09-16-2003, 06:13 PM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

More or less what Vaskez said about multi-player, it can be the best gaming experience if you can only get together a group of serious players and decide a time to play on. This is expecially the case for multi-player RPG's.

A single player game is more like reading a good book, only difference is that you take an active part in the story.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:18 PM   #9
Nerull
Lord Ao

Single, definitely. Never been big on multiplayer.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 09-16-2003, 06:59 PM   #10
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

multiplayer is just a crutch for bad AI. We don't need no steenkin' multiplayer.