Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2002, 11:38 AM   #141
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere. Wait, I was there. Now I'm heeeeeeeeere. Yeah, that's right.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:23 PM   #142
Sio

Hi all!
Just ran into a prob while im creating my chars on IWD2. Im creating a new party but dontknow what attributes are best for which classes.
Such as this, I want to make a human monk right, but whats the best attributes for a monk?
I dont know what the rest of my group will be yet (Any suggestions will be welcome) can anyone direct me to a site which ha this info, or maybe you can offer up some of your own advice?
PLease help me hehe
Gonna go make cup 'o tea and then come back see if this got some replies *crosses fingers*
Old 11-13-2002, 01:35 PM   #143
Sio

Dont matter about the last post I did now.
Made a different team after having found out on some sites how difficult the monks are to raise, and with this been my first time on IWD2 I thought I best go with some straight forwards people.
Here is my team:

1.Pingu - Fighter (Human)
2.Sonic - Ranger (Half Elf)
3.Aegidius - Evoker (DROW)
4.Rachel Barris - Ranger (Wild-Elf)
5.Jo Young - Barbarian (Human)
6.Jen Hannah - Ranger (Half-Elf)

I picked the 3 rangers due to the fact that i think ranged battle is much more effective than close quarters, so what do you's think of my first team? crap or OK???
Old 11-13-2002, 01:38 PM   #144
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
*kicks Att's seat and mutters darkly about spiking his drink with something...* bah, you naaaaaaaaasty ppl. *refuses to clean up the floor* thats what the waitresses are for... *mutters darkly about this insufferble indignity* (well, I *am* an adolescent...) *walks out of cafe and stops, returns to dark corner to sulk. Sulks until Cloudy posts next*
LOL!!! You better watch out, boyo, or Cloudspanker will be after you with her paddle. BTW, you missed with your kick, because the floor is covered with soap and your off foot slipped. [img]tongue.gif[/img] PS: Corrected spelling of "adolescent."
Old 11-13-2002, 01:39 PM   #145
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Att, well, my students would be just fine if they had BOOKS. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] It's now the 5th day of class, and my Microsoft Excel students still are without books. You know what it's like to teach Excel without a book? I'm having to use the Proxima (overhead projector) and let them follow me through the exercises. GRRRR! Right now they're doing their lab work, which required me to photocopy page after page of problems from the one book I have. Oh...and of course, if they have a problem, they can't look in their [nonexistant] book to see how the problem is worked, so hey nonny nonny, here Sazerac goes a-trotting to help them find where the "Save As..." command or the "Zoom" button is located on the screen.

Oh, yeah...I'm just a TEENSY bit frustrated and angry. This isn't just a one-time occurrence, either. It's happening more and more often. Computers that won't let students log in, student accounts that mysteriously get locked as "read-only" so they can't save their work, textbooks that don't arrive on time (we only have a 6-week session, so basically, 5 days without textbooks is 1/6 of the entire course). It's not just my class, either...all of us are suffering.

Retention at the school is down to 60%. They (the administration) actually have the gall to wonder WHY. I say, get working computers, a network administrator who doesn't have his head center so firmly implanted in his BUTT center, and get textbooks on time, and see if retention improves. Wow! Concept.

Needless to say, I'm in search of another job...one in an environment not quite so filled with incompetents.

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Whoo, I sure do sympathize! I work at a University and books are always late or not availiable!

I know what it's like to learn most of my software without benefit of class or book, so I know it can be frustrating. Excel is a royal pain too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

BTW, next post is a new Cafe....wonder what number it will be.....*hums nonchalantly*
Old 11-13-2002, 01:43 PM   #146
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Post it quickly, Cloudy! I've got to get to class in a few minutes and I want to see it roll!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-13-2002, 02:57 PM   #147
Steve Fox
Banned Troll
Drow Warrior

I'm at home in sunny England,wait did I say sunny England I meant to say Drizzly,cloudy,horrible,cold England,sunny England is just what I dream of.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:00 PM   #148
Sio

Sunny....England......never heard them put together before
Indeed its raining in good old Midlesbrough, our lovely ICI, and Dupont plants all lovingly putting the thick smoke into the air, and the rain brining it right back down to the earth from whence it came.
Sure it stings the eyes but you gotta love the smell of acidic polluted water [img]smile.gif[/img] Ahhhhhh
Old 11-13-2002, 03:07 PM   #149
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

New Cafe thread:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=012351
Old 11-13-2002, 03:15 PM   #150
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi there Sir G! [img]tongue.gif[/img]