Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 05:50 PM   #41
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Guns blazing hell!
I was being nice.
Oh, right! Remind me to duck when you get your guns out, lol!

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 06:05 PM   #42
Moni

Plain and simple.
Don't hand me the ammo and I won't shoot.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-14-2001, 06:10 PM   #43
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Plain and simple.
Don't hand me the ammo and I won't shoot.

I did expect SOME shots - I just didn't expect 'em from YOU! I'll try to keep the ammo out of your reach in future - AND the guns!

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 06:16 PM   #44
Moni

I appreciate that because I don't regret saying one word of my reply to you.
You addressed me personally...who did you expect shots from?!
I meant every word and I was being nice.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-14-2001).]

Old 09-14-2001, 06:17 PM   #45
Moni

I don't know how I quoted myself there but I only need to say it once.

Old 09-14-2001, 06:26 PM   #46
Fljotsdale

Quote:
I appreciate that because I don't regret saying one word of my reply to you.
You addressed me personally...who did you expect shots from?!
I meant every word and I was being nice.

Hm. Hotheads.

I thought you would understand. Ah, well.

G'night, Moni.

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 06:30 PM   #47
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Hm. Hotheads.

I thought you would understand. Ah, well.

G'night, Moni.

Well you know Fljotsdale, I am just an American.
Pshaw

EDIT: Its not that I don't understand where you are coming from or how you feel Fljotsdale...your view of patriotic symbols and my view of having to be subjected to the WTC in flames in people's sigs are not far off...they are both born of pain and I am sympathetic to how it affects you but, in your detailed description of WHY they affect you so strongly, did you HAVE to add petty America bashing remarks that you later disguised as:

Quote:
real sadness, some mild annoyance, and an honest expression that I hoped America might have some increased understanding of others' grief in thier trials.
???????

No you did not HAVE to...you CHOSE to, the same as I chose to defend this country against twisted perceptions such as yours regarding what we "patriotic American citizens" are all about.

I am sorry we reached this point in what has been a relatively OK friendship, in spite of the fact that we have to walk on egg-shells around one another here but I'll have no more of being personally addressed in anyone's posts and being subjected to such petty remarks shrouded in self pity and feigned concern for an attitude that doesn't exist!

Show a little respect for our country if you have any and if you don't, stop lying by claiming that you care because you've reached a point of blind hate when you'll say the things you did and then expect me or anyone else to take it all so lightly because you can cover it up with your own grief and "concern". If you had any honest concern to begin with you never would taken those cheap shots knowing you could be offending anyone and you know it.

G'night

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-15-2001).]

Old 09-15-2001, 01:53 AM   #48
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

JINGOISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will NOT hide my patriotism just because someone thinks it's 'sickening'.

As a matter of fact, it makes me want to display it more! I think that as much as other countries can understand being proud of their country, they just don't understand Americans. Patriotism is mistaken for arrogance, our show of standing together, and being proud to be a nation, to the point of not caring what anyone else thinks, is jingoism. All I can say is TOUGH!!!!!! Deal with it. We are who we are, just as you are who you are. I don't see Americans here getting down on other countries for their pompous attitudes, or indifference to their counties for that matter. Let us be AMERICANS! After all, we are!!!!!

Oh and let me put this disclaimer in 'I DON'T SPEAK FOR ALL AMERICANS!!' Just thought I'd beat anyone else to it

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-15-2001, 02:12 AM   #49
Moni

Jingoism: blustering, ostentatious patriotism. Flag-waving, war-mongering, belligerance.

No that doesn't "rule"

Patriotism: love of one's country...now that rules!

Be a little more sympathetic towards Fljotsdale and her feelings here would you?

I came here out of the inability to sleep (over this very issue) to edit my above post to let Fljotsdale know that I understand how she feels and to make a point that she does not have to take petty potshots at this country's show of patriotism...then you follw right behind me and take one at her personal and heart-felt feelings regarding that term.

The rest of us here have been trying to give her some understanding as to the difference between patriotism and jingoism and look what you do! I am shocked Liliara!

I was also going to make a post on how my faith in humanity was restored tonight seeing the world-wide support that the U.S. had in a show of respect and united prayer today but you just blew that feeling all to hell Liliara.
Thanks a f*ing lot.
Its no wonder people hate us.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-15-2001).]

Old 09-15-2001, 02:28 AM   #50
Moni

Liliara,
Edit your posts! How dare you!
A mod has been notified in case you don't understand just how wrong what you posted is...read this thread and have some respect and consideration please!

------------------