Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 04:44 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

tell us the story of how your characters came together to find the Mavin and save the world??

I bet you're a scribe at heart!

Wyv

Either that or you have an amazing memory!
Old 11-14-2000, 05:13 PM   #2
Regis
Welcomed New User

Well, these aren't real chars...I just made them up to experiment. Shameless, I know, but I sortof like to sound out a game before really going at it.

More often than not, I name the lead Regis (Regina if female) and any subsidiaries I pick from the many books I've read (Tolkien/Eddings/Donaldson/McKiernan/Tad Williams/McCaffrey/Brooks/Weis&Hickman/Feist to name a few). Sometimes the names even work out with the story-line, such as naming the lovers in FF3 Silk and Velvet...

(Goes and plays Celes.mid...hmmm, love that tune).

Totting up a story, or even a good reply, is a good 2-5 hour affair with me...I get a good basis and then take forever to flesh it out (and am never happy with the end result even then). On example: the reply I did here on what skills to use to save on costs - I started at 9 pm....I finished at 11 pm....and even I was amazed I had taken that long to put it all together. In another, a shameless plug I did for another game I was involved, in I had had the preliminary idea in mind for about a year and took ~8 hours to put together the post for that board.

(Damn, that Celes.mid is good...hits ya where ya live)

I suppose I could work one up, but I haven't really formulated anything yet, so it could be a few weeks. I'm only two-thirds of the way through by the sound of it so I don't have much of a feel for the overall tone of the game. Just have to wait and see.

(In the meantime, I think I'll just keep listening to this tune...maybe have a good cry )
Old 11-14-2000, 05:33 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Email me the .mid file!!

And I can be patient because something tells me it would be well worth the wait!! Have you read some of the stories other posters here have put together about their game parties?? It's been so wonderful to find this outpouring of creativity!!

Wvy
Old 11-20-2000, 09:30 AM   #4
Regis
Welcomed New User

Re: that shameless plug I mentioned....frankly, I thought that had been lost to the ages, but the archived it. It even made it through the move from the original boards to the VN site. May as well read it now as they are moving back and I doubt it will survive..

Shameless Plug
Old 11-20-2000, 10:51 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ooooo!!!! I loved it - and you were correct there wasn't a "shame" anywhere in there so it is correctly "shameless". I am often ruthless, not knowing anyone by the name of ruth. Same principle.

But now you make me even more anxious to read the tale of how your W&W party came to party! Get your name in lights on Slip's board! Amuse the masses (or just me!)!!

Wyv