Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-02-2001, 05:10 AM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

I think Black Isle should have made the Asylum dungeons shorter than they are - as it stands I'm losing motivation and getting quite bored with the whole thing. I like BG I and II but this is the first time I'm feeling a bit demotivated at this point. Anyone else feel the same?

Old 09-02-2001, 05:17 AM   #2
Ed
Manshoon

I felt the same about BG2 in the first place!! I thaught it was a bit of a let down after the sucess fo BG1, bit it ficked up later on and turned into an even better game. I'm thinking that may have been because I didn't play it enough. Games are generally more funn if you get through the story quite quickly.....
Old 09-02-2001, 11:08 AM   #3
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

The Asylum dungeon irritated me a little, but didn't bore me as such- It just took my party an insane amount of time to actually spot the hidden door. I actually liked the riddle stuff, but that might have just been because it all brought on flashbacks to favorite books and tabletop games (yep, I'm a geek).

The only thing I didn't like in the Asylum dungeons was the speed those spirits asked me the riddles and then poofed me out of the rooms- I didn't get a chance to look around for loot.

Now...the dungeon that REALLY bores me is the first Irenicus dungeon at the very beginning of the game. I like to beat the game with different alignments and classes, but having to go through that darn dungeon again...aaaaaaargh.

------------------
Playing the cutest li'l Chaotic characters since 1996.
Old 09-02-2001, 11:31 AM   #4
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by NiamhFoxling:
Now...the dungeon that REALLY bores me is the first Irenicus dungeon at the very beginning of the game. I like to beat the game with different alignments and classes, but having to go through that darn dungeon again...aaaaaaargh.

No Doubt! and even with all the times I have restarted I still haven't found all the wand keys They should make a patch were you can start right at the point where JI and I get arrested (with gold of course)

------------------
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
Old 09-02-2001, 11:37 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wurm:
No Doubt! and even with all the times I have restarted I still haven't found all the wand keys They should make a patch were you can start right at the point where JI and I get arrested (with gold of course)

I'll bet the one you're missing is the one that the Otyuigh drops.

------------------
Old 09-02-2001, 01:37 PM   #6
Rikard

Whats the use of the wand keys anyway?

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-02-2001, 02:53 PM   #7
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

I'll bet the one you're missing is the one that the Otyuigh drops.

LOL Nope it was on the table next to Khalid's body DOH! to think I have started the game 6 times and overlooked it each time

------------------
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
Old 09-02-2001, 07:07 PM   #8
dulouz
Manshoon

Is that the key for the very furthest pedistal? if so, i missed that one

Quote:
LOL Nope it was on the table next to Khalid's body DOH! to think I have started the game 6 times and overlooked it each time :p

Old 09-03-2001, 02:24 AM   #9
Lestat
Manshoon

Quote:
LOL Nope it was on the table next to Khalid's body DOH! to think I have started the game 6 times and overlooked it each time

Only 6 times? Jesus, I must have replayed this game at least 20. I've played as an Archer, Inquistodor, Berserker, Barbarian, Conjurer, Sorceror, Kensai/Mage, Swashbuckler, Tried a self made party of all fighters, tried one of all Wild Mages, tried out being evil, tried out killing everything, tried out being Drizzt, tried solo with a F/M/T, tried solo with Kensai/Mage, tried solo romance with every one... etc etc. Of course I didn't go through the whole game, I just usually went to when you get the Lanthorn.
Old 09-03-2001, 03:28 AM   #10
Thrawn
The Magister

same here, only couple class that i haven't solo the game with yet!