Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2000, 05:20 PM   #11
fitz

A Missive to the Great Irenicus:

I have been toying with the Infinity Engine editor as well, and have a question for you.

After stripping all of the bif files via Bifftool, I am having to open up each item file and spell file in order to determine what item or spell it contains (if I want to edit an existing item or spell rather than start from scratch [for example RING33 = ring of the Ram]). Then I am making a list of these. You can imagine that this is a time consuming process... so I was wondering if you know of a list of BG2 item and/or spell files or ways to obtain them. Many thanks for your input.

Old 11-29-2000, 06:17 PM   #12
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Sadly no....... Not even I have such a list. How did you stripe thim in the first place? I am having no luck with that.
Old 11-29-2000, 10:10 PM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Message to the Transmuter Irenicus,

Thank you for that ring, I was sick of waiting for Viconia to give me one I'm putting together some spells and items too that are unique to Faerun. I've just shopping around for some cool unique bams because I'm too lazy to make them myself (plus i don't really know how yet).

Ziroc's message has a ton of cool smilies, it must've taken him forever to upload them all. You can call them from the addresses specified or you can upload them to your own homepage but they're here for everyone to use.

Check you profile to see if your sig box is filled in and when you send a message make sure the sig box is ticked.
Old 11-29-2000, 10:16 PM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Re the list of items:

Try downloading shadowkeeper, the item browser will list EVERY item in the game along with a description etc.. You can then choose a template for your item rather than starting from scratch.
Old 11-29-2000, 10:16 PM   #15
BaatoRyan

Can you guys teach me the basics on how to make an item?

Old 11-29-2000, 10:23 PM   #16
The X
Dungeon Master

Firstly, download the Infinity Engine editor and the shadow keeper from this site . http://www8.50megs.com/gustovm/InfinityEngineGames.html
Download the VB6 Package as well to run the editor.
Old 11-29-2000, 10:30 PM   #17
The X
Dungeon Master

You don't have to extract those item/spells files from your data folder using the beeftool.
Just import the items that you want from the shadowkeeper and into your override folder.
Open your editor and and choose the items/spells from the override folder to edit.

I got myself this summoning spell which I named "Ancient Call".
What it does was to summon a red dragon to aid you in battle.
The spell lasts for about 6 rounds!!

I got me some neat items as well. A whole wardrobe of Bhaal's Acessories!!
Old 11-29-2000, 10:35 PM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

X, u know where to get some custom bams? TeamBG's site has been down for like a week now.
Old 11-29-2000, 11:00 PM   #19
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

The X what resurce code did you use for the red dragon? I am making a spell which summons a Red Dragon also. Memmnoch do you want my Ring of Change?
Old 11-29-2000, 11:13 PM   #20
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Everyone go to this site for all kinds of programing and cool tools. Also has spells armor and miscleanius http://www.in.on.ca/~cmohan/redwall/bg/bg2_spells.html