Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2000, 12:02 AM   #1
Suul-Yinn

I haven't tried so many spells on one poor bunch of kobolds. However I have Valygar dual-wielding the Crom Fayre(?) and the Celestial Fury and he can mow entire parties. I turned the AI on and selected aggressive scripts and had him attack the rest of my party. He managed to kill the lot of them in under 20 secs without breaking sweat. My shadow-mage backstabbed a kobold for 100 damage (Sword of Roses, Str 8, critical x 5 backstab) which I found hilarious to watch.

After the various Lich encounters in the city, I totally overcompensated for the one in the Underdark cage of trapped souls. I hit him with 3 lower resistances, bad luck, 2 dooms, chaos, power words stun & silence, creeping doom, emotion, whip, spell thrust, secret word, 2 breaches and 3 chromatic orbs whilst a hasted Keldorn with Carsomyr and Valygar with Fury and his bleeder hacked away. After using all my contigencies and sequencers the poor Lich didn't have chance to let anything except his contigency off before he was stunned,petrified and then turned to gravel.

Old 11-26-2000, 09:34 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK I was bored while playing one day, and I was in a bit of a rush to get through the sewers when I ran into a bunch of kobolds thinking they were king shit. Now rather than waste everyone's time with the barking fools, I paused the game, cheated 5 time stop scrolls, 1 incendiary cloud, three abi dalzims and 1 power word kill scroll into my inventory, unpaused, cast the time stop, cast each of the abi dalzims horrid wiltings, (another 2 time stops), then cast power word kill on the shaman, then cast my spell trigger with 3 chain lightnings, time stop, then cast incendiary cloud, then cloudkill wand.

I can confidently say that none of them survived.
Old 11-26-2000, 09:49 AM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, heh, .... I dropped them all with a single Cloud Kill.. I'm not far enough into the game to be able to overkill yet.
Old 11-26-2000, 04:01 PM   #4
Archmagi Wah

I was fighting a pack of mummies with their life either injured or badly injured. I then proceeded to cast time stop and casted 5 sunfires wearing the robe of Vecna - and ended up with a pile of black charred mummies on the floor.

Old 11-26-2000, 05:14 PM   #5
Joukahainen

I thought you had to use a piercing weapon in order to backstab??

Old 11-26-2000, 05:30 PM   #6
Suul-Yinn

Although backstab would imply that a pointed weapon would be needed, you don't. It gives you bonuses because you can place your strike with precision against an unsuspecting opponent.

Old 11-26-2000, 06:35 PM   #7
BaatoRyan

I can say that I used the killer sword said before by Rikard... its a cheat sword... who needs time stop when you have a cavalier who's magic resistance is 50, red dragon scales, and dual-wielding TWO killer swords, just for fun I whacked out my party... one slash and BOOM!!! PIECES BABY!!! damage around 761... beware JON IRENICUS, you won't even be able to cast a spell idiot!!!

Old 11-26-2000, 06:51 PM   #8
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Okay I know I've bragged about this before...
Sir anomen did one thousand forty two points of damage to a vampire casting sunray. It boggled my mind calculating the number of dice to roll in the P&P game to do that much damage.
Old 11-26-2000, 10:34 PM   #9
Darkwind

In the astral prison, to rescue Haer'Dalis or whatever his name is, I decided to have some fun.

I have a warrior, level 9, duel-classed to thief. Single weapon proficiency maxxed out, grand-master in Katana, 19 strength (girdle of hill giant strength).. 5X backstab, I dont remember exacty level.. CElestrial fury

Also, I buffed him. With EVERY spell I could possibly throw on him. Name it, he gots it. His strength was around 23, with everything.

I was generally backstabbing the inhabitants for 180s. Mowing EVERYTHING in my path down. AC of -12, Thac0 of -5.

Was cool

-Darkwind

Old 11-27-2000, 02:25 AM   #10
Armisael

Backstab only works with weapons that a thief can use. You can't, for instance, backstab with a warhammer, or a two-handed sword.

I've never really overkilled anything. I once disintegrated a goblin, but that's about as close as I get.