Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 03:37 PM   #1
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where can you find a good fighter, i have minsc, and i just sent the evil Dwarf to the slaughterhouse he wont be back,

Aegis
Old 10-17-2000, 03:40 PM   #2
Tipsy McSwagger

Anomen is pretty good, especially once he makes it into the Order of the Radiant Heart. He's in the copper coronet. He's a cleric but still a pretty kick-arse fighter.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-17-2000, 03:49 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

ONLY TRUE PALADINS ARE WORTHY, DONT LISTEN TO THE DRUNK, HE KNOWS NOTHING OF COMBAT, EXCEPT FROM THE INCESSENT BEATINGS HE RECIVES OFF OF ME.

DONT GET AMOEN HE HAS NO HONOUR, STRENGTH AND FIGHTS ARIEE IF YOU PUT THEM TOGETHER

SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN
Old 10-17-2000, 04:52 PM   #4
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

>> DONT GET AMOEN HE HAS NO HONOUR

Which is precisely why he's in my party.
Old 10-17-2000, 06:17 PM   #5
TDZHON

Anomen rocks! He starts at a vicious high level as a cleric (13 for me when I was lvl 11), and has a sling specialty. Chuck the guants of dex on him and you got the best NPC in the game IMO - over 100 HPs to boot!. I am on chap 6 (just started) and he is already lvl 19!!!

The dwarf is the best fighter with his 19 Con and you can give him the girdle (19 str) and dex guants (18 dex) to make him truely unstoppable. Also, he can go full specialization, which no other NPC fighter can do (lame IMO - the "Good" alignment NPCs are the weakest - u just have to make the best of it).

Old 10-17-2000, 06:27 PM   #6
Javalin Ironfist

Anomen is good, he's just....too young. I was amuzed when he was refused into the knighthood.What an amazing conversation!Anyway, there is also another option, the guy in the sewge, when you on your way to solve the cultless god...He is a Paladin, and a good fighter to be sure, the most important thing is, he is the only Paladin in the game(unless you are a paladin), so if you want to use that kicking ass paladin sword, be sure to get him. However, after he joins your group, his wife will double-cross him and run away wif another man(ture, this bitch!) and if you want the knight go back to tide up his life, you will lose him(I dont know if we can get him later, however my team is full now...).

Old 10-17-2000, 06:30 PM   #7
TDZHON

Anomen was accepted into Knighthood with me. You must have taken revenge for his sisters death. I pulled a brave sir robin and it paid off in the end (though it was hard for me - cowardly definitely comes to mind). He gets 50K points for entering knighthood, boosted him to lvl 19 for me at the beginning of chap 6, NICE!

Old 10-17-2000, 08:22 PM   #8
ArchMage1

Anomen was allowed into the knighthood for me as well. He got an increase to his wisdom score for it. That gave him some bonus spells which come in handy. He is one of my favorite NPC's as well. Then again, I don't generally play evil characters.

Old 10-17-2000, 09:56 PM   #9
Illusionist

Yeah, Anomen seems almost unstopable to me. True, he's a little self righteous, but I would drop any other character before him. Cast Spiritual Hammer on him and stand back in awe. I've seen him kill things no one else can even hit (Minsc; "I need a bigger sword!"). No doubt about it, he's my boy. I had Keldorn with me for a while, and he was ok, but then he left to patch things up with his wife. Right now I've got Valygar, because I'm doing the planar sphere, but he sucks. Minsc is a loveable looney, but you know, it seems like he gets injured too easily, and he's always getting confused, or stunned, or chaotic commanded, or whatever. Must be the old head wound. I've seriously thought about dropping him, although I probably won't actually do it.