Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-25-2002, 09:05 AM   #41
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

Congratulations Ziroc! I certainly don't consider you a sell-out: what's in a name, anyway? Apart from 45,000 bucks, which isn't bad on the side...

Nice move!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:16 AM   #42
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

YOU'RE SELLING THE NAME?!?!?!?!?

Oh dear, I'll have to think this over to see how I feel about it.

Ok, that's long enough....my opinion is - YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ZIROC!!!!!! (and Choc, of course).

[img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/jumpclap.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/jumpclap.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/jumpclap.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/rainnote.gif[/img] Dan got the money, [img]graemlins/rainnote.gif[/img] Dan got the money [img]graemlins/rainnote.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]

That is SOOOOO Cool. I may just have to "renew" my former sig for a special encore performance of the Barbarian Happy Dance (first performed when our new server finally came online last Spring).

GREAT NEWS ZIROC! GOOD FOR YOU!!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:20 AM   #43
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Yep congrats on the deal Ziroc, it would be ridiculous to call you a sellout since you had the boards best interests at stake. Will have to try and get used to the name 'Escape Gaming' though. Did somebody already reserve 'Stoneworks'? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 09:21 AM   #44
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Dunno, though.. being called escapees...HAHAHAHAHA! I like 'escaper', doesn't make you think we all snuck out of the mental institution yesterday! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Cloudy, to quote the immortal J.R.R. Tolkein, you are "confounding the escape of the prisoner with the flight of the deserter."

Melusine, only you would pick nits on Ziroc.

Congratulations, Dan, I'm down with it.

Ha, ha, now the "old blue boarders" will be the "old Ironworkers."
Old 09-25-2002, 09:39 AM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

We can now all call ourselves "Escapees".

[ 09-25-2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 09-25-2002, 09:40 AM   #46
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Congratulations, Ziroc.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:43 AM   #47
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Congrats, Ziroc. A name provides something for people to rally around, but 'tis truly the people who make the difference. Whether this be Ironworks or the Great Escape, the feeling and camaraderie will continue to grow.

Only one suggestion, if you haven't thought of it already. Request/demand that they provide a link to the new forum for any who go to the old one by accident. After all, it will take a while for search engines to get updated, so leaving a forwarding address, so to speak, should be useful.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:07 AM   #48
realbinky
Elminster

I'm going out and getting me some domain names! Wa-freakin-hoo! Does this mean Search will work again [img]smile.gif[/img] I have trouble coming to work when I get paid, and look at the wonderful job you have done for nothing (for less than nothing, you paid most of the bills yourself) for so long! You deserve more, but wouldn't have been a sell out at 4K. Good for you? No: GREAT for you!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:09 AM   #49
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Congrats Dan, I'm glad to hear IW(EF) will still be around in several years.

Someone mentioned IW merchandise, I've seen alot of webcomics do it, is it possible(feasible) to have t-shirts with the old, or new logo's on them? or mousepads with pics of Choc, or coffee mugs, or any dozen of similar ideas?

ps any way on the new forum I can correct the spelling mistake in my name (I originally wanted it to Morguerat)

[ 09-25-2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 09-25-2002, 10:12 AM   #50
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:

Melusine, only you would pick nits on Ziroc.
Attalus, only you would pick nits about THAT.