Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2003, 03:10 PM   #1
Djinn Raffo
Ra

George Clinton of Parliament, Funkadelic and P-Funk that is!

George Clinton Arrested on Drug Charge
Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Funk music pioneer George Clinton was arrested and charged with drug possession after allegedly telling an officer he had cocaine in his pocket.

Clinton, of Tallahassee, was arrested Saturday and bonded out of jail over the weekend, according to jail officials, who wouldn't release any other information. Clinton's lawyer, Shoshana Zisk of San Francisco, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Clinton, 63, who headed the funk bands Parliament and Funkadelic - and the collaboration later known as P-Funk - in the 1970s and 1980s is considered a father of the genre. In 1983, Clinton's solo record "Atomic Dog," hit number one on the R&B charts.

Tallahassee Police said an officer noticed a man sitting by himself in the passenger seat of a car in a gas station parking lot about 2 a.m. Saturday and approached to talk to him.

When the officer got to the car, the man, later determined to be Clinton, tried to hide an item he was holding, dropping it between the seats, said Tallahassee Police spokesman Stewart Clendinen.

Clinton started to reach into his pocket and the officer asked him if he had anything in his pocket that might be dangerous, Clendinen said.

Clinton allegedly responded "I've got a little cocaine."

The item he is accused of dropping between the seats turned out be a crack pipe, police said.

Clinton was charged with one felony count of cocaine possession and a misdemeanor count of possession of the pipe, the Tallahassee Democrat first reported for Tuesday papers.

A call to George Clinton Enterprises for comment Monday went unanswered and Clinton's home number is unlisted.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:02 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Aaaack. I thought you meant Hillary. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 04:06 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

For a moment i went *WTF?!* becuase i meant that you mean Bill Clinton. I have no comments on this.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:18 PM   #4
GForce

hehe! Nice Djinn. I thought it was on Bill Cinton. But he doesn't inhale. Right?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:19 PM   #5
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Aaaack. I thought you meant Hillary. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oops I didn't see this comment until now. Hahahaha! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2003, 07:17 PM   #6
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

When I saw the title I figured it might have been his brother Roger. Could you imagine the media storm if an ex-president was busted for cocaine posession? It would make the Simpson trial look small time.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 06:10 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
When I saw the title I figured it might have been his brother Roger. Could you imagine the media storm if an ex-president was busted for cocaine posession? It would make the Simpson trial look small time.
Homer Simpson was on trial!! I missed that one. Quick where is the nearest CNN channel

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:20 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Homer Simpson was on trial!! I missed that one. Quick where is the nearest CNN channel [/QUOTE]HAHAHAHA! Try and keep up, Wellard! I know it's hard, what with summer down your way and trying to shower with those special tethers so you won't fall off the planet upside down and all.... but ... *teehee* Homer, arrested... LOL!
Old 12-12-2003, 03:04 PM   #9
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

I know you meant for this to be funny and all...and I don't want to make a big deal about it...but I really don't like how you implied what you did. Clinton is an ex-president of the United States...and my heart sank when I read your headline.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM   #10
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Homer Simpson was on trial!! I missed that one. Quick where is the nearest CNN channel [/QUOTE]If I remember correctly Homer has been arrested on 5 continents now, all that is left is Antarctica [img]smile.gif[/img]