Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2000, 11:57 AM   #1
UrsinePaws

Does anybody else feel that the quests come too fast and fulsome? It seems that finishing one requires finishing two or three behind. For example, all under the heading of earning the money to free Imoen (leaving the party mage-less unless you have chosen that character), can come (if you want to secure the safety of one of your mates) Join the first thief guild, Infiltrate the second, Perform nasty deeds; in the meantime you are opportuned to eliminate a wild prophet and, if you take the wrong turn, remove a curse from a member of the party. Most exasperating, but perhaps such is expected from mid-level characters, hmm?

Old 09-26-2000, 11:43 PM   #2
Larry

that is why BGII will be much more successful than the first!!
It isn't as easy, and that is what we all want...Our money's worth!

Old 09-27-2000, 01:12 AM   #3
UrsinePaws

Larry, you have a point, but I must confess that the transition, while teasing the mind, so sternly exercises fingers, thumb, and mouse. I recently replayed BG1 in preparation for Shadows, this after not having played since the game first appeared (was it 1998?). Perhaps I have become overly involved in the old pattern.

Old 09-27-2000, 08:38 PM   #4
Enigma_BCK

Yea I was swamped too, but you can get a mage. The Circus Elf girl is a Cleric/Mage.