Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2003, 02:26 AM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Male, we are better. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 04:03 AM   #22
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Male, we are better. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*punches him*

I never got in to PnP, and i don't play the BG type games online, but my main pc is usually female. They get into more unusual circumstances i think [img]tongue.gif[/img] (like on NwN you can flirt with that pirate guy and get by the door). I played a male pc once to try a romance. In games like IWD my "main" pc is female, and i'll probably have 2 males out of the 6 characters u get to make just so its balanced out...or something [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2003, 04:31 AM   #23
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I have never played PnP, only CRPG games exclusively. 99.9% of time, I played as male. I honestly don't know why but I guess that I am quite proud of my gender (male) and I have never thought of playing as the character from the opposite sex.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:39 AM   #24
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I am male and had always used male characters. Hmm - I think I will try to play a female character in my next PNP AD&D game. Just to add some new flawour (and to see the behaviour of the other guys in the party [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 08-21-2003, 04:41 AM   #25
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, I tend to play both actually. For me I don't see computer games as roleplaying cause I don't choose what to say and I don't do what I want to do, but do what I see as plausible for the situation given me.

But I tend to have alot of female characters in NWN, bg etc due to the fact that I tend to be a bit more protective about them. Yeah yeah.. blah and blah but thats me.

In PnP I play also both female and male, but I prefer male characters. Simple cause it is easier to to do what you want and to think like a "man" (Whoooa you didn't see that comming did ya.. ) bah.. Send this to a shrink and I will have a nice collection of white pills to go with my red ones eh..

So why do I really play female characters?
In PnP because I have an idea of a character that happens to be female. I never "roleplay" them much though.

In CRPG's. Well first of all, much nicer to look at, I am a bit more protective about them so I don't send them in to clear the minefields so to speak

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 08-21-2003, 05:07 AM   #26
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

In a pnp game I play males, a sort of fantasy extention of myself.But in crpgs i often feel the more balanced charcters are most often the females.Something between the no magic brute and the all magic frail wizard usally does better.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 08-21-2003, 05:46 AM   #27
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I always play Male. PnP or BG series. Oh I suppose it doesn`t matter if you are a Dwarf in BG becuase Female and Male are exactely the same.

Quote:
It can be creepy, too. There's that guy I "know" who is a big Vampire: The Masquerade fan, and I'm sure he think he is really his character, you should see the way he act in real life, and he is always mumbling too, which make him look even more psycho. I was suposed to join his group once, but when I found out how he acted in real life, I changed my mind. I realy don't want to see how they play.
That is creepy. How does he act in a real life,Luvian?
Old 08-21-2003, 05:57 AM   #28
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
I always play Male. PnP or BG series. Oh I suppose it doesn`t matter if you are a Dwarf in BG becuase Female and Male are exactely the same.

quote:

It can be creepy, too. There's that guy I "know" who is a big Vampire: The Masquerade fan, and I'm sure he think he is really his character, you should see the way he act in real life, and he is always mumbling too, which make him look even more psycho. I was suposed to join his group once, but when I found out how he acted in real life, I changed my mind. I realy don't want to see how they play.
That is creepy. How does he act in a real life,Luvian? [/QUOTE]Like he think a Vampire would act I guess. It's hard to describe.

Edit: Basically he's staying in character even in real life. I don't know what he's mumbling, I don't think I want to know, either.

[ 08-21-2003, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 08-21-2003, 06:11 AM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

I always play a female character - I don't really know why! Some distant, latent need to be fulfilled I suppose.

It's over 25 years since my operation but I'm still somewhat confused genderwise. In RL I prefer being male but I miss how easy it was to get sex as a woman.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #30
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I always play a female character - I don't really know why! Some distant, latent need to be fulfilled I suppose.

It's over 25 years since my operation but I'm still somewhat confused genderwise. In RL I prefer being male but I miss how easy it was to get sex as a woman.
Humm... are you serious?